Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2008-127 (Plaid Skirt with Side Slits)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

About Birgittestarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/28/04
Posted on:2/25/09 9:54 PM

Other Projects by Birgitte using this Pattern

jilly cooper said... (6/29/09 9:48 PM) Reply
I love the way that skirt sits on you. It looks so stylish and the review is full of useful information. Thank you.
alviana said... (2/28/09 9:24 AM) Reply
beautiful. i love the lining. and the shoe too. great job. u look absolutely fabulous! :)
Annette1 said... (2/26/09 11:50 PM) Reply
Well, AS EXPECTED, you have another little slice of PERFECTION here. :o) The skirt is BEAUTIFUL. All of your details ENSURE that. And I gotta' say, I LOVE those shoes. REALLY love them! Of course, I wouldn't make it out the front door without tripping myself up, no doubt, but sometimes you just have to make sacrifices! I MUST get this BOOK, too. Thanks for a GREAT review. :o)
Nancywin said... (2/26/09 5:17 PM) Reply
The outfit looks great, of course, But, I'm sorry, you would look slender in a feedbag! However, I do think the cut is very flattering :-)
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/26/09 4:05 PM) Reply
LOVE the playing that you do with accessories/looks!! Have FUN!!
Catbird said... (2/26/09 10:48 AM) Reply
What a perfect silhouette you've created to go with your jacket! There is nothing I don't love about this, including the buttons and the way you've accessorized it. I had to laugh at that tiny "give me back my clogs" at the bottom (my footwear of choice!). But the gray platforms really do work with this whole sleek profile. Perfection!
Kay Y said... (2/26/09 9:19 AM) Reply
That is a fabulous suit! I love its proportions. Keep the shoes on if you can stand them because they definitely complete the look.
Deepika said... (2/26/09 8:39 AM) Reply
That outfit is a killer! I like the addition of a button on the skirt slit. Distinguishes from the rest of the plain vanilla skirt.
MissCelie said... (2/26/09 8:38 AM) Reply
I just got two pieces of plaid fabric and can't WAIT to do something fun like this!
Rustybobn said... (2/26/09 8:32 AM) Reply
Wow! wow! wow! I love it. Thanks for all the details and references. I very much enjoyed reading your review.
Fran G said... (2/26/09 8:14 AM) Reply
A great review filled with such useful detail! I always look for your reviews knowing they will feature something that delights me! Thanks! Your attention to detail is inspiring.
wendlesue said... (2/26/09 7:39 AM) Reply
thanks for the thorough review. I always learn something interesting from you.
morzel said... (2/26/09 2:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt, together with the jacket sooo elegant!
Lori V said... (2/25/09 11:11 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt and your gray shoes are wonderful.
sew2little said... (2/25/09 10:54 PM) Reply
Your definition of "easy" boggles my mind! The skirt--and the ensemble--are spectacular, as usual!
milo1000 said... (2/25/09 10:09 PM) Reply
Stunning! What an incredible suit. It is a joy to see such amazing work.

by: prttynpnk

SewBaby Petal Jacket Pattern

SewBaby Petal Jacket Pattern

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Indygo Junction IJ866 Midtown Trench