Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5246 (A-line Pullover Dress)

Reviewed by:Melody

Last Updated:3/4/09 10:10 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
moushka said... (3/8/09 9:59 PM) Reply
Love this dress on you. What a great pattern! Thanks for the review - I totally missed this one, now I have to get it :) Sue
sewbehind said... (3/6/09 11:20 PM) Reply
Congratulations on a beautiful dress and your second star! Helen
kasizzle said... (3/6/09 5:07 PM) Reply
This looks beyond great on you!
Ody said... (3/5/09 11:52 PM) Reply
That dress is wonderful, and I know it gave you fits, particularly the neckline, but you have provided great inspiration to those of us who are "Plus" that we too can sew an attractive dress for our selves. I have this yummy fabric I got from you that I have not cut into for fear of ruining it! That maybe the dress! Great review.
MapleCandy3 said... (3/5/09 4:48 PM) Reply
Melody you look really great in this dress!!
Melody said... (3/5/09 3:58 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I wanted to add one thing that I forgot. I got the fold over elastic from Sewzannes Fabrics. They have soooo many colors and it's really reasonably priced, NAYY, I'm just saying. Oh yeah and how rad is this, I just got my second star, I'm totally over the moon!!!!!
Em's Summer said... (3/5/09 10:23 AM) Reply
WOW! Even if you don't really like the wide neckline, your changes made a huge difference because you are really rocking this dress! Looks great!
Modiste Madness said... (3/5/09 10:17 AM) Reply
I have that pattern. Now I have an urge to make it right away after seeing your wonderful dress.
Flying Seamstress said... (3/5/09 9:50 AM) Reply
Wow, great job on the alterations for the final version...you look GREAT!!!
cmarie12 said... (3/5/09 8:38 AM) Reply
This looks soooo good on you. I looked at that pattern and thought it would make me look like I was wearing a maternity dress. May have to rethink that one!
mars418 said... (3/5/09 7:20 AM) Reply
I've looked at this fabric before and loved it--it looks great in your dress. I also like the FOE tip--where did you find your FOE?? My only 2 local fabric stores are Hancocks and Joanns--I've never seen it in there but will definitely look. Thanks for the great review.
donna mel said... (3/5/09 6:15 AM) Reply
great review! love the dress. love the fabric. love the neckline tutorial.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (3/5/09 5:12 AM) Reply
Very nice dress Melody! ...I left a comment on your blog
michellep74 said... (3/4/09 11:17 PM) Reply
I really love your pairing of this fabric with this pattern. I think I'm going to have to knock this off with my own cut of this fabric (I'm thinking HP Cosmo dress, since I already own that pattern). I thought it was cute in the "before" pic, but with your changes, it's a "wow!"
Annette Wright said... (3/4/09 10:58 PM) Reply
This is one HOT dress....and you ROCK it. I so prefer the dark neckband to the original. Great job.
JEF said... (3/4/09 10:45 PM) Reply
Really great to see your 1st and 2nd version - thank you for that. You really improved it. Your 2nd version is super!
VelmaRooster said... (3/4/09 10:38 PM) Reply
This dress looks just wonderful on you! Love the style AND the fabric! Very interesting review.
merry-one said... (3/4/09 10:25 PM) Reply
Your final version is extremely flattering and good looking. I also have a large bust and would not have thought that this would work. It does wonderfully. I'm going to have to rethink empire seams. Very nice!
katlew03 said... (3/4/09 10:08 PM) Reply
This dress looks really nice on you -- and comfortable.

by: Annette1