Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1014 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:Fine Fabrics

About Fine Fabricsstar
Member since: 4/15/07
Sewing skills:Expert/Couture
Posted on:3/8/09 8:09 PM
Last Updated:3/8/09 8:50 PM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
DaisyA said... (7/20/11 3:43 AM) Reply
Oooh awesome dress! This pattern has been in my stash waiting for the perfect moment. and you have inspired me. I love the idea of a lycra "Suck me in " undergarment. I promise I will read all instructions several times and make a muslin first.
Secretsugar said... (3/10/09 9:16 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Really stunning devore velvet, too!
michellep74 said... (3/9/09 1:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty. I've been ogling this pattern ever since it appeared in the Vogue catalogue, but wouldn't have any excuse to wear it anywhere. thanks for sharing this so that I can vicariously through you. ;)
Kellie R. said... (3/9/09 9:33 AM) Reply
This is really pretty. I love your fabric choices and that you made it full length. Thanks for the heads up on construction/fitting. Just a gorgeous dress.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/9/09 9:26 AM) Reply
Completely elegant dress! How inspired to use a heavier weight knit for lining to smooth and support, and the zipper sounds like a Nightmare - but all components work perfectly to create a Vision. (Your blog is wonderful). Thank you for sharing this Beauty, Lily
morzel said... (3/9/09 3:20 AM) Reply
Wow, read your blog and the muslin was surely needed. Thanks for the details on construction. Your client looks happy, and not having to adjust anything I bet she was even happier at the party!
Ody said... (3/8/09 10:04 PM) Reply
I have a mother of the bride's dress to make for June and this was on of the candidate patterns--speaking of inaugural. I think it looks gorgeous on you. I would love to see a picture of the left side for inspiration and maybe I could figure out how you did it! Really, super dress and thanks for the review. I am serious about a picture facing the other way, so if you have one, would you PM me? This would be purely for my benefit. Thanks.

Tessuti Fave top