Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2007 (Pants and top for skating)

Reviewed by:JEF

About JEFstarstarstar
VA United States
Member since: 7/27/05
Posted on:3/26/09 10:50 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Activewear

Other Projects by JEF using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

AnneM said... (7/3/09 2:28 PM) Reply
Love that shirt! (Makes a great avater picture as well.) You might not be completely happy with the fit but it is better than most RTW.
Elekis said... (6/14/09 10:51 AM) Reply
This is a really nice top ... I have only made it as a skating costume and have always thought it would be a really nice top. It looks great on you, maybe now I will get brave and try it for myself. Thanks!
JEF said... (3/28/09 9:08 AM) Reply
Ody - I laughed and laughed when I read your comment! Yep, I'm short. I always thought I was 5'4" (and maybe a bit) but I was measured last week as part of my Air Force fitness test (I passed!) and they said I was 5'5" and 1/2! Wow. I felt so tall. I'm not sure if my BW at 14 is very accurate (my husband measured me and he's been known to be off by an inch or two) but I think the top ends in about the right place for a tunic top so 14" must be fairly close.
Ody said... (3/27/09 5:22 PM) Reply
Sorry, ratty kids distracting me---double comment---which means JEF, you did a double great job on that top!
Ody said... (3/27/09 5:21 PM) Reply
Wow! JEF, you must be a shorty! My back to waist is 17.5"!!! You certainly got the fit on that top right on. I love the color and it looks so comfortable! I think we are going to call you "Queen of Jalie Patterns"!
Mufffet said... (3/26/09 2:01 PM) Reply
Your top looks so comfortable and the color is absolutely gorgeous!
persevering said... (3/26/09 1:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting this review. I think you got a good fit and hope you enjoy wearing this top. And I'm looking forward to seeing your posting of a snugger fit too. Your review helps those of us who are even less knowledgeable in sewing and fitting.

Beyond the BoatNeck