Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Member since: 6/28/06
Posted on:3/28/09 4:14 PM
Last Updated:5/9/09 11:58 AM

Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (5/10/09 10:48 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous silhouette. The jacket from your fashion-fabric will be stunning! (...not that the bed sheet doesn't have it's own "subtle" charm, LOL)
nancy2001 said... (5/10/09 10:16 AM) Reply
Your mock up looks like a beautiful work of art. I especially like the way the collar says "collar." Very avant guard.
PhyllisC said... (5/10/09 7:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I think you could raise the neckline pretty easily, just re-draw the neckline and collar piece the same amount. Also, if there is no pattern piece for a back neck facing you might want to consider adding one. I just finished a trench coat that also has a wide collar and the lining is ever so slightly visble from the front because there was no back neck facing pattern peice and I just totally forgot to add one.
Markie1 said... (5/10/09 2:17 AM) Reply
Wow, can I have your Mock-up number 4? I can't wait to see the final product!
okie2thdoc said... (5/9/09 11:48 PM) Reply
I can't wait to see your review of the Marfy pattern. Although it's a muslin, I think it would be cute in some hip and wild pattern.
Elle D said... (5/9/09 11:25 PM) Reply
Your mock-up looks fabulous; makes me think that this jacket would look great in a similar fabric, perhaps an underlined silk print. Not at all what I had in mind when I bought the pattern, but I tend to be pretty conservative. Thanks the the eye-opening picture, and for the work in progress. I'm looking forward to seeing this develop.
Mahler said... (5/9/09 3:54 PM) Reply
I love to read reviews about Marfy's pattern. I admire you for going for jacket as well. It will be lovely in that colour. Great choice. I will be following your progress. So far, it looks very nice.
Marie_P. said... (5/9/09 2:02 PM) Reply
I was in the Cynthia Guffey class and you looked fantastic in the jacket. I can't wait to see the finished version!
JoanneM said... (5/9/09 1:18 PM) Reply
Love it. I am watching this one unfold!
Kay Y said... (5/9/09 12:49 PM) Reply
Your mock up looks great! This is going to be really lovely.
Re Becca said... (3/28/09 9:45 PM) Reply
I would love to watch your progress on this. I like the idea of white trim. As for your question about the shoulders, I didn't use shoulder pads, but in hindsite, I didn't add enough structure to the shoulders. There was a Marfy sewalong wher I think I posted a picture of the back fit which left a bit to be desired. I am making another one of these in gray. I am considering making it longer and a little more fitting to my figure, are you considering any design changes?
lmg said... (3/28/09 5:28 PM) Reply
I love this pattern too but not for my shape. A tone on tone binding? or the subtle stripe is a good idea too. Even a white binding would not necessarily limit you to just white bottoms IMHO.
okie2thdoc said... (3/28/09 4:35 PM) Reply
I saw this pattern and fell in love with it too. What about a cream or a subtle stripe binding- maybe a stripe that was tan- muted and shiny.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117