Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5142 (The Perfect Jean, Style 2)

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

About ITAdminstarstarstar
Member since: 11/19/06
Posted on:3/31/09 4:58 PM
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by ITAdmin using this Pattern

knitlitcamper said... (5/2/09 11:34 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on both pairs! I also own this pattern and made relax fit ones first (first pair of jeans). I made them according to the sizing on the envelope but they were too big, my next pair were the lower waist ones, I went down 1 size since I was going to use a stretch denim and they worked out better. This is my go to jeans pattern now.
Sweetiebop said... (4/1/09 11:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I've been looking for a pattern and you just sold me on this one. Love what you've done what this pattern.
Christas said... (4/1/09 6:22 PM) Reply
Both pairs looks fantastic! You are becoming a pro at making these!
Grammy Gin said... (4/1/09 3:51 PM) Reply
WOW ITAdmin, great job on both pair of shoul be very proud of your skills...2 pr. of "ultimate" jeans! I think the high waisted ones look best from the rear, though.
almost said... (4/1/09 11:41 AM) Reply
Both pairs of jeans are impressive, but I vote for the higher waisted jean. They seem to fit better overall, add more elongation; and look better in the back. Please post your final version.....they give the rest of us hope that we can be successful with jean construction!
Karen8320 said... (4/1/09 1:49 AM) Reply
ITAdmin, I'm really impressed by both these pairs of jeans. They look great on you! The fit is really good and I hope when you decide what your "ultimate" pair is that you post more photos. Well done!
Em's Summer said... (4/1/09 1:35 AM) Reply
Hi ITAmin--WOW! You did a wonderful job on both pairs! They're both 'ultimate' jeans! I think, too, that you should think about trying a pair that combines the regular waist with the pant leg from the low rise pair. Regular waist jeans would look great with the boot cut or flares.
Annette1 said... (4/1/09 0:37 AM) Reply
You know, you're going to have a HARD TIME decided which is the ULTIMATE. I really do like BOTH styles, and I bet there will be times that you'll want to choose one over the other, depending on what you're wearing with them. Boy, it's a ROUGH LIFE when you have to choose between TWO great pairs of jeans. :o)
Darla in PA said... (3/31/09 11:50 PM) Reply
Wow! Both pairs of jeans fit you well. I have to say that I like the look of the relaxed fit on you. They make you look slimmer. However, like you I prefer the rise of the mid-rise. As the designer, we can make them the way we want. Enjoy your jeans!
sandrasdaughter said... (3/31/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Wow what a great fit!
Heidi Ho said... (3/31/09 11:17 PM) Reply
Both pair look very nice...Great job!! I think I slightly lean toward the bootleg pair with the low waist but both pair are very flattering.
Lori V said... (3/31/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Great job on both jeans, very impressive. I like the ones with the back pockets the best.
Miranda said... (3/31/09 9:20 PM) Reply
IT Admin, what a great job you've done on both pairs. I also love this pattern. Think I prefer the bootleg, I always think it is flattering, but really both pairs are great. You've done a really fantastic job with both pairs of jeans, well done!
Dee2 said... (3/31/09 9:20 PM) Reply
I like both jeans--which ever is more comfortable would be my choice. Great job!
Mary Nanna said... (3/31/09 8:29 PM) Reply
Gosh I am just so impressed with the finish and fit on both jeans. Love the top-stitching and the pocket details. I guess it all comes down to personal taste and preference, things about both views appeal - the high waist gives a nice feminine shape and I love the pocket detailing - however, I am a huge fan of bootleg, because I think they provide better balance and proportion to the leg. I say go with the bootleg!
mollyshark said... (3/31/09 7:18 PM) Reply
The ones with the back pockets win, hands down. Much more attractive from the back and the overall fit is better. The others are just too, I dunno, flat? Dumpy? Just not as flattering.
sewdelighted said... (3/31/09 6:27 PM) Reply
I think the high waisted makes you look slimmer!!! Maybe it's the color of the belt with the low waisted but the others look better on your figure. I don't usually comment but had to this time!! Both look very nice!! Good job. Haven't tackled jeans in a long time. I, too have this pattern in my stash and have some denim that has aged in my stash long enough.
Diana M said... (3/31/09 6:14 PM) Reply
I agree with your leaning toward the "slim-fitting' ones, although they both look pretty darn good!
Dale C said... (3/31/09 5:57 PM) Reply
I have this pattern in my stash too. Yours look good, I'll have to dig mine out and try it.

Christine Jonson Three Tees