Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2759 (Twin Set)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:11/23/03 5:47 PM
Last Updated:2/1/04 3:27 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 9 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
idesign said... (8/24/09 9:29 AM) Reply
Nice Save! It looks very wearable over the turtleneck top, and I can appreciate all the work that went into embroidering those cute purses.
Dale C said... (11/24/03 11:42 AM) Reply
It's a cute top. So sorry it didn't fit as well as you'd like. I like slinky too, but it is a little tricky because of the amount of stretch it has. Good luck on the next attempt.
Danvillegirl said... (11/24/03 5:36 AM) Reply
I am one of those persons that usually does not give up on a project. So I reviewed some previous articles on knits. Gigi, I think you are right about slinky. I have enough material to try a smaller size. I also have several other slinky knits and may try one of those, save the rest of my black knit to use on some other style. Cindyann, I might be able to wear under a jacket but the neckline is a little off also. If nothing else, I will donate it to Goodwill and I know someone will get some use out of it.
Gigi Louis said... (11/23/03 8:39 PM) Reply
Linda, I'm so sorry this didn't work out for you. I've found it is usually necessary to go down in size when using Slinky due to the amount of stretch it has.
cindyann said... (11/23/03 7:01 PM) Reply
Linda, Your purses are so cute! I know you must have spent a good deal of time on them so I understand your frustration when the garment didn't turn out as you had hoped. Slinky can be such a bear! Maybe you could wear this under a sweater or jacket? Hate to see you waste your nice handwork.

PerfectFuse Medium Black