Mood Fabrics

Posted on:4/22/09 6:42 PM
Last Updated:4/22/09 6:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Patzee said... (5/19/09 2:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. It does look much nicer with a neckline binding. I appreciate you mentioning how you did it.
Heidi Ho said... (4/24/09 3:43 PM) Reply
Very cute top!! I love that fabric!!!
Diane E said... (4/24/09 12:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for your comments -- I really appreciate them. Renren, my altered pattern piece looks like this, exactly as you described. I like to take out the inch in two whacks. Mary Nanna, thanks for the heads-up on the BurdaStyle neckband tip. I think it's safe to make the binding 1/3 the length of the neckline IF your binding fabric is as stretchy as ribbing. Since every fabric's stretch is different, one has to experiment with a seam ripper closeby, every time one sews a new knit fabric.
cindyann said... (4/23/09 12:07 PM) Reply
That is lovely! Beautiful work on the neckline.
Barbara V said... (4/23/09 10:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! I really like the neckline binding.
cabinbaby said... (4/23/09 10:17 AM) Reply
I love this top. I may have to make this one too . . .
Kellie R. said... (4/23/09 8:48 AM) Reply
I LOVE this fabric! It turned a basic T into a very pretty and feminine top. Great job!
becca a said... (4/23/09 7:53 AM) Reply
What a beautiful top. I am inspired to add it to my to do list.
Sew4Fun said... (4/23/09 0:16 AM) Reply
Beautiful tee! I love this and I like your idea of adding a neckband. I never seem to have enough knit tops no matter how many I sew, so keep making them I say. :)
Mary Nanna said... (4/22/09 10:17 PM) Reply
It looks really cute. I saw a tip on Burdastyle, about attaching binding to a neck edge. They used rib, but they recommended making the binding 1/3 smaller than the neck circumference as the right ratio to make it sit flat. Might be worth an experiment?
Twinset said... (4/22/09 9:44 PM) Reply
Your version of this pattern looks really nice!
Lori V said... (4/22/09 9:37 PM) Reply
Fantastic top, the fabric is gorgeous.
Kay Y said... (4/22/09 9:32 PM) Reply
I really like your latest top Diane - what gorgeous fabric! Nice job on the neck binding too.
JoanneM said... (4/22/09 9:13 PM) Reply
Super cute!
Heatherrique said... (4/22/09 8:51 PM) Reply
Diane, wowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Such an elegant looking knit top......Beautiful work!
Christas said... (4/22/09 8:38 PM) Reply
This is such a cute knit top .... love your fabric choice!
renren said... (4/22/09 8:34 PM) Reply
Well, I don't think you are a one-trick pony; you put on quite a fine show! Also, those wedges you excise to get rid of the wrinkle at the back--do they look like darts coming off the CB seam with the widest part of the wedge at the CB seam and then blending into nothing? I'm kind of curious about them if you could easily elaborate.
Elke said... (4/22/09 8:02 PM) Reply
Terrific looking tee! I like your fabric choice and the fit.
Diane E said... (4/22/09 7:01 PM) Reply
Hi homejewel, thanks! I am lazy and I added 5/8" SAs to all edges (excluding hems) without thinking about it ;)
RuthieSews said... (4/22/09 6:59 PM) Reply
That's lovely and so much nicer than the magazine version.
homejewel said... (4/22/09 6:54 PM) Reply
I love everything about this top. I don't think you can have too many basic tees. I was surprised to read that you sewed the neckline with 5/8-in. seam allowance as opposed to 3/8 or even 1/4-in.. Was this the suggested SA in the pattern? Great job!

Understanding Knit Fabrics