Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5630 (THE PERFECT FIT BLOUSE)

Reviewed by:Rosebeee

About Rosebeeestar
OR USA
Member since: 10/16/07
Posted on:4/26/09 5:38 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
BevyB said... (1/25/15 5:19 PM) Reply
clicking on the pictures doesn't work. I am trying to understand how the sleeve seam ends up in the middle of the back. Tried a top in stretch sateen and it was tight across the back. Read somewhere that the fabric is best used for dresses and jackets. From the small pic I think it looks nice on you. I think you did wonderful on all your pattern adjustments, which I need to do more of.
Riv said... (1/11/10 9:38 PM) Reply
I wish you would post if you wore the shirt for your PR weekend and if you did, what were the comments from Pati...inquiring minds would love to know.
Kellie R. said... (4/27/09 10:23 AM) Reply
I think this looks really nice on you - it certainly doesn't look too heavy from the picture. Great job!
marec said... (4/26/09 8:50 PM) Reply
Please wear it to Portland-it's gorgeous. I love the color and think you did a great job. I too struggle with certain tasks...I just finished a man's shirt and the collar was weird in one spot. Wear with pride!
Em's Summer said... (4/26/09 7:41 PM) Reply
This looks very pretty on you. I think you did a great job, but I do understand about your disappointment that it wasn't perfect. I didn't notice the very slight wrinkling and had to take another look after you mentioned it. I think others will notice it only if you point it out or if they study the blouse, so don't worry about it. I agree that you should wear it proudly to PR Weekend--it's very pretty, and you should definitely get input from Pati Palmer!
Rhoda K said... (4/26/09 6:30 PM) Reply
Love the blouse and the color. It does look good on you. I agree that you should wear it for Pati P - hopefully she would like to see how her patterns are turn out.
Aixoise said... (4/26/09 6:27 PM) Reply
I agree with SewBehind - wear the shirt to the get-together with Pati Palmer and ask her to give you pointers. What an opportunity! Meanwhile, I think you did a very good job fitting this blouse and constructing it. It looks really nice on you.
sewbehind said... (4/26/09 6:12 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first buttoned shirt and collar! I think you did very well. Do wear it for Pati Palmer. It's an opportunity not to be missed.

No Pattern Used 001