Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-116 (Sporty yoked jacket)

Reviewed by:Debra H

About Debra Hstarstarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/16/04
Posted on:4/26/09 11:20 PM

Mahogany Stylist said... (8/24/09 2:26 PM) Reply
Outstanding!
SoVintage said... (5/27/09 11:26 PM) Reply
Thank You for the review. I will add this to my project list. It looks great and love the color. I's glad you did not give up on it, your finished product is perfect. I will have to refer to your review when I start mine...patients, patients, patients
Vonnevo said... (5/18/09 9:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful !!!!!!!!
madronadesign said... (5/12/09 7:04 PM) Reply
This jacket looks great, and certainly worth the effort you put in. Just wondering - did you use shoulder pads? I think the pattern is drafted for not using them.
Sew4Fun said... (5/1/09 8:55 PM) Reply
Great jacket and really helpful review!
LNyberg said... (4/28/09 10:30 PM) Reply
Fantastic review, as I am planning to make this jacket and to lengthen it by 2 inches. I have a small bust and typically have to alter for fit across the top, so this pattern may be great for me. I am also glad to read about the sleeve/cuff issues, as I was on the fence to make the sleeve a bracelet length instead anyway. Thanks Debra H!
Second Avenue said... (4/28/09 7:43 PM) Reply
Hi Deborah, I really want to make this jacket, but now I'm not so sure! I have a similar Marfy pattern with a different collar, so may try that instead. Your jacket is beautiful, despite the design problems, and I like the coulour. Regards, Second Avenue (Gaylene)
digs57 said... (4/28/09 4:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful job!
Donna Likes Golf said... (4/28/09 7:35 AM) Reply
Wonderful job on this jacket. All of your hard work and stick-to-it-ness paid off. The fabric is beautiful and your excellent sewing skills made it all work, despite the problems you encountered. Nice, nice job!
hongkongshopper said... (4/28/09 3:30 AM) Reply
I really like this jacket. I want to make this and your review will be very helpful.
Obrooks770 said... (4/27/09 11:13 PM) Reply
Great jacket, in fact it's gorgeous. I love the color! Great job.
Danvillegirl said... (4/27/09 5:38 PM) Reply
Another great jacket!
Nancy K said... (4/27/09 4:39 PM) Reply
It's gorgeous! The color is one of my favorites.
Heidi Ho said... (4/27/09 3:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. Your patience and perseverance paid off in the end. I just love that color!
nglalala said... (4/27/09 2:31 PM) Reply
it looks great! Very clean and professional lines~!
nancy2001 said... (4/27/09 1:56 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket, impeccably sewn.
Karendee said... (4/27/09 12:43 PM) Reply
I always admire your work, and this jacket is no exception. The workmanship, color and style are all perfect!
patsijean said... (4/27/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Your's is quite a nice jacket in a great color. I had looked at this pattern more than once, and like you thought it looked a bit short and snug for my body type. I have considered making it without the pockets for a different look. Thanks for the review.
Kellie R. said... (4/27/09 10:16 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous! I just LOVE the fabric, it is perfect for this very sharp looking style. I'm glad that you interfaced it and used it for the jacket. GREAT job!
Christas said... (4/27/09 9:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! The color of the jacket and your sewing are so perfect!
Lalena said... (4/27/09 9:26 AM) Reply
The color and fabric are beautiful, but what is most stunning is the qualilty of your sewing--this jacket is of exceptional quality. (You're my role model!)
Woolygal said... (4/27/09 8:54 AM) Reply
We've all been through sewing days like you had so we understand, but you have a beautiful jacket to show for your work.
Gold said... (4/27/09 8:51 AM) Reply
Great job!
cmarie12 said... (4/27/09 8:36 AM) Reply
What a pretty and well thought out jacket!
Amanda S. said... (4/27/09 8:36 AM) Reply
Well, it turned out beautifully in the end. This is on my must-sew list for fall, so thanks for the informative review and heads up on fitting issues. That does give me pause, but the jacket design is so darn cute, I know I'll be making it anyway. Enjoy wearing it!
becca a said... (4/27/09 8:07 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful! Thank you for this informative review. I have been looking at this design and thinking about making this jacket as I love the lines; now I'm not so sure.
Denise L Perry said... (4/27/09 7:48 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket! You are a very talented seamstress. I don't think I will be making this, based on your review, but I wish it were mine!
eugenia123 said... (4/27/09 7:36 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket and it looks beautifully made.
dorothyn said... (4/27/09 7:21 AM) Reply
Wow, for something that gave you so much trouble, it turned out gorgeous!
Lori V said... (4/27/09 7:11 AM) Reply
This is such a beautiful jacket, wonderful job.
halleyscomet said... (4/27/09 7:00 AM) Reply
I love this jacket! You did a marvelous job and I love the color on you!
morzel said... (4/27/09 1:23 AM) Reply
That steam and sweat certainly was worth it!! This is a stunning and beautiful jacket. Good review, and how weird about the draft, usally Burda does rather good drafts...
N_Vogue said... (4/27/09 0:14 AM) Reply
Ooh la la! Great jacket. I have traced this pattern and noticed some of the problems you mentioned after doing a flat pattern measurement. Thanks for the excellent review. BTW, that colour looks wonderful on you. I also loved the dress in the colour. Nice fabric and buttons!! Thanks again!
lmg said... (4/26/09 11:39 PM) Reply
wow. Beautiful jacket, and a very informative review. This was on my to-do list so very timely as well.
Nancywin said... (4/26/09 11:36 PM) Reply
I've found that BWOF jackets are usually a bigger project than I usually expect them to be - but always worth it! And how pretty is this? Perfect for spring! Thanks for such a helpful review.
birdmcfarland said... (4/26/09 11:30 PM) Reply
this is beautiful. Outstanding workmanship
Re Becca said... (4/26/09 11:28 PM) Reply
Great way to stick to it! The final result is great. I love the color, I love the button, I love everything really. Thanks for the heads up on the fitting issues. I began tracing this myself, I will go back and double check those shoulders before I touch the fabric.

Runaround Bag Paper Pattern