Pattern Reviews> Farbenmix> Sasha (Sasha The Wavy Dress)

Reviewed by:HeyJane

About HeyJanestar
PA USA
Member since: 5/18/05
Posted on:5/4/09 2:46 PM
Last Updated:5/4/09 2:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Annette1 said... (5/15/10 11:19 PM) Reply
These TWIRLY little dresses are absolute works of art. They're KEEPSAKES. :o) I can imagine how much TIME and PATIENCE it takes to make them, with all of those little ruffles (and not the EASY kind of ruffles either -- ha!) Your fabric choices, and the addition of the little pockets, are so charming. I wish I had me some of those HARRY POTTER labels -- ha! I'm going to Google it. :o)
HeyJane said... (5/29/09 8:47 AM) Reply
Wendy, I know what you mean. You're right, there are no photos on the instructions page. I suppose their reasoning is that they have some photos on the web site, and the dress itself is pretty simple. I got the pattern on eBay for $6. I doubt I'd ever pay $14 for it. I could, in fact, draft a lot of these euro girl things myself, but at this time of year I'm so busy with yard maintenance and fun stuff like gardening, I sometimes opt for the fast way to not have to spend time making a pattern. I WAS actually annoyed when I purchased the Olivia Top by Pink Fig Euro and discovered only a pattern for a top (also eBay $6). My own fault for not investigating enough, or not being familiar with the euro patterns, but the cover of the Olivia pattern does make it look like a pants pattern would be included. If I were marketing it, I would print on the front "pants pattern sold separately" or something like that. In addition, a separate page was included with the pattern, instructing how to correct mistakes that had been found on the pattern including (1) seam allowance error (2) grainline marking being off (3) sleeve underarm seam is mismatched. Sounds like a lot of errors for just a little girl's top! How could they not have tested? So from that point forward I would be very leery of the professionalism of Pink Fig. The Olivia Top does include a lot of photos in the instructions. Some of the euro designs are unique and interesting so sometimes I pay for that, but you're right, an experienced person could easily draft most of them just by studying the photo.
zaneyzelda said... (5/28/09 11:14 AM) Reply
OK you all need to enlighten me. I bought the Sasha pattern and when I received it I was ticked off. It is my first pattern purchase outside of the main 3 in the USA. To me it seemed like a rip off because with the main 3 in the USA, you get very detailed instructions, several COLORED views of front and back and you don't have to trace them. I do think this finished dress is adorable, but how is it so great to pay $14 for one pattern that has so little with it. I have been sewing children's garments for 42 years, so I can do it, but it seems like so little for so much cost. I would LOVe to hear your comments on this, even if you disagree with me, I'd like to be persuaded ! Wendy
morzel said... (5/5/09 3:21 PM) Reply
Aah, I got this pattern still unused in my stash. Yours is a beautiful and great version!
Rippling Waters said... (5/5/09 12:14 PM) Reply
Amazing! These are absolutely scrumptious. I positively love these dresses!
Kellie R. said... (5/5/09 8:33 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS! The details are so pretty - I can picture them twirling without animation! You did a great job!
Dmd4106 said... (5/5/09 4:25 AM) Reply
The dresses are gorgeous!
Sandi S said... (5/4/09 9:57 PM) Reply
These are beautiful! I have this pattern, but I haven't made it yet - may have to put it higher on the wish list!
MagpieJen said... (5/4/09 8:36 PM) Reply
WOW! They are like gorgeous flowers - all those ruffles and sweet colors! Just fantastic!
renren said... (5/4/09 8:29 PM) Reply
I love your fabrics! These twirly dresses are just what Twirling Girls need! Yay for summer and energetic kids and clothes like these!
Catbird said... (5/4/09 8:14 PM) Reply
These are so unusual and very, very beautiful!!
ClaireEmily said... (5/4/09 6:51 PM) Reply
I just love these dresses! The fabrics and the ruffling are fabulous! Really well done, I'm sure they'll love them.
Meggie LuLu said... (5/4/09 6:16 PM) Reply
CUTE!!! CUTE!! These dresses are just ADORABLE!! You did an EXCELLENT job on them!!
Christas said... (5/4/09 5:33 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh! These are absolutely adorable! I can't imagine how much time you have in gathering ruffles for two dresses. The outcome is so worth it! Your nieces will be the best dressed little girls at the beach! What a sweet aunt you are.
Heatherrique said... (5/4/09 3:42 PM) Reply
Delectably and preciously adorable, Jane!
addicted2fabric said... (5/4/09 3:29 PM) Reply
Oh wow, these are gorgeous! I love the colour combination. I'm one of those people who hate gathering but these look so pretty even I would want to make one. Great job!

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417