Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2794 (Sweetheart Top)

Reviewed by:solosmocker

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

Grammy Gin said... (5/19/09 11:03 AM) Reply
Very flattering top. I have this pattern, I should make it too, maybe it would fit me right from the get go! Love your fabric steal, too!!
Kellie R. said... (5/19/09 9:26 AM) Reply
What a lovely top! I love paisley and the fit is amazing. I'm not a knit sewer either, and this is extremely encouraging... if only I could get results like yours here, I'd sew knit more often!
JEF said... (5/19/09 9:20 AM) Reply
Ditto what everyone else says - your top is just gorgeous and looks SO good on you. Does the fabric really feel like swimsuit fabric? Sure doesn't look like it. You have broadened my horizons on which fabrics to use!
kerrynw said... (5/19/09 8:05 AM) Reply
Great fit, great print, great pattern!
Danvillegirl said... (5/19/09 6:59 AM) Reply
Lovely knit fabric.
Patzee said... (5/19/09 1:32 AM) Reply
The top looks so good on you. Sure doesn't look like a Joanne fabric!
VtMartha said... (5/18/09 7:52 PM) Reply
Your top is wonderful! I've made it twice and I love the pattern but not the fabric I chose.
Catbird said... (5/18/09 7:51 PM) Reply
Your top looks great! It's so much fun to find an easy one that works so perfectly!
Christas said... (5/18/09 7:27 PM) Reply
I agree with AnneMarie60! You are so used to doing such beautiful work smocking garments and such, that of course you were surprised at the the speed this went together! This was the first Jalie pattern I ever purchased and it is one of my favorites. I have made it several times. Your version looks so wonderful!
AnneMarie60 said... (5/18/09 6:40 PM) Reply
Your top looks fabulous on you! I chuckled when I read of your joy to have completed a project so quickly, knowing that you usually create extremely labor-intensive garments that marvel! I love your bargain fabric--very flattering. So glad you enjoyed the process of sewing with a knit!
Birdie757 said... (5/18/09 6:31 PM) Reply
Your top is lovely! I can't believe you found such a nice knit at Joann's...I am completely jealous. I have yet to get this pattern to work for me after two attempts but I might have to give it another go after seeing yours.

by: Sheila457