Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB021WT (Weekender Travel Bag)

Reviewed by:cindyann

Posted on:5/21/09 10:21 AM
Last Updated:5/21/09 10:23 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
Hilary said... (9/8/10 11:52 AM) Reply
I love your bag-and I *really* enjoyed reading your blog post about the making of~I literally LOL at the UH-OH! I couldn't see what was wrong right at first-roflol! Then I saw it and sympathized :D Also can relate to the "doesn't make my but look big" comment :D thanks for the smile, and your bag really is cute-and the cosmetic bag too!
JDpenelope said... (6/21/09 6:14 PM) Reply
Great review, beautiful bag. I hope this pattern doesn't bring me to my knees, as Quilt2quilt noted in her comment. Your review will be extremely helpful as I attempt this challenging pattern.
SheriF said... (5/24/09 8:11 AM) Reply
Love it! You make me brave enough to give it a try.
Darla in PA said... (5/22/09 9:02 PM) Reply
Your bag is beautiful. Very well done. Enjoy!
moonchild61 said... (5/22/09 7:49 PM) Reply
I covet this bag! Great Job!
JMarie1962 said... (5/22/09 12:45 PM) Reply
I've seen this bag so many times and STILL love it. You have a great eye for color/pattern combination and this bag is so eye-catching. Wonderful job!
quixoticpixels said... (5/22/09 11:17 AM) Reply
I'm blaming you for my strong desire to buy a new pattern (I've been trying to cut down on that a bit lately). This is such an incredibly cute bag--so well done! I love it :)
Mahler said... (5/22/09 10:27 AM) Reply
This bag is so wonderfully beautiful. I love the fabric you chose. I never tried to sew a purse, may be I should give it a try. I saw that you also venture in an area I do not feel competent at all... the underwear world. Humm may be I should give it a try.
Patti B said... (5/22/09 9:50 AM) Reply
This is a stunning bag with your fabric choices and matching of designs. I'm with you on revised instructions -- what's the point of 'insert this'? surely they won't print new patterns without rewriting the instructions?
Karine said... (5/22/09 9:20 AM) Reply
What a great looking bag. Really nice job!
Lili123 said... (5/22/09 7:29 AM) Reply
your bag is splendid, the fabric is gorgeous.
Quilt2Quilt said... (5/22/09 7:25 AM) Reply
Beautiful end result. This bag has brought many a seamstress to her knees! Your review is well written and insightful. I might try it now.
Christas said... (5/21/09 11:57 PM) Reply
Your bag looks SO nice! I still have my pattern unused in a pattern box. I haven't mustered up the courage to sew it yet!
MissCelie said... (5/21/09 10:31 PM) Reply
SO pretty. Sigh. I really need to finish mine.
AnneMarie60 said... (5/21/09 6:01 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on this labor-intensive bag. Whenever you carry it, you'll be so proud! Excellent review, too.
Lori V said... (5/21/09 5:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful bag, looks wonderful. You are right it is hard work but this bag is so worth it.
sew4dasoul said... (5/21/09 4:27 PM) Reply
I never get tired of looking at the Weekender. I really like your fabric selection - it just looks great! Thank you for posting.
Karen6790 said... (5/21/09 1:22 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous creation. I've been holding off, but you may have convinced me to get this pattern and give it a shot. I have a ton of stashed home dec that needs a purpose. The fabrics you used are perfect for this.
Ronda Rae said... (5/21/09 12:38 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! We should have a club for everyone who has completed this monster!! I have my second one half done- Bet you couldn't get that I am at the part where it is to be sewn together!! Procrastination!! I am not looking forward to the wrestling match.
papago said... (5/21/09 11:04 AM) Reply
Really pretty bag. Love your fabric.
nancy2001 said... (5/21/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Beautiful bag -- and so professionally done. Thank you for your very helpful review.

Understanding Wool Fabrics