Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Burda> 3216 (Pants)

Viewed 2044 times
Reviewed by:Chandra

About Chandra
Member since: 11/2/03
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:12/20/03 4:23 PM
Last Updated:12/20/03 4:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
jenny56 said... (6/7/06 5:29 AM) Reply
After seeing these I went out and bought the pattern. I have not sewn for some time and want easy things. Did anyone have problems with the bottom of the pants being uneven, mine needed about 1 in taken off the bottom where the outside seam would be - or is it just my build [grande] or [fat]!
momo said... (12/30/03 11:29 PM) Reply
The pants look great. Wow 15 pairs now that's a lot of sewing for a beginner. Good Job! Sewing will be a fun hobby for you. I think sewing is so much fun and a creative hobby.
Peggy L said... (12/22/03 8:41 AM) Reply
Wow-these look great!! You are going to be a popular lady Christmas morning!
mudcat said... (12/21/03 4:05 PM) Reply
How fun! You are very ambitious. Were you able to get inseam lengths from all of your recipients or did you just wing it?
cindyann said... (12/21/03 9:09 AM) Reply
Wow, that sure is a lot of sewing. What a thoughtful gift for friends and family. Hope your fingers feel better soon.
AnneM said... (12/21/03 7:15 AM) Reply
Now that is a lot of sewing! I have this pattern, & I have yet to make it. I like the idea of making flannel pants from it. Glad you didn't hurt your finger too badly.
JDpenelope said... (12/20/03 9:10 PM) Reply
Great project--I need to do something like this to improve my skills. Sewing can be dangerous...Ouch! I broke a needle recently (not on my finger!) and it flew in all directions, including my face. Made me wonder if I should wear safety goggles! Now when sewing in a rough spot, I move my head back from the machine!
Hilary said... (12/20/03 8:34 PM) Reply
wow 15 pairs, great job! and you finished in plenty of time,too! :o) i sewed through my finger once, about 20 yrs ago :O oh my it hurt~the needle got stuck and i had too have it removed at the emergency room. I almost gave myself a bone biopsy they said~yikes! itry to keep my fingers out of the way now :o) Thanks for the review!
Kathy in NM said... (12/20/03 7:20 PM) Reply
These look like so much fun! I have too many PJ bottoms because I can't resist the cute flannels. Great job! You mentioned wanting to make some out of flannel backed satin. WARNING - there was absolutely NO stretch to the fabric, unlike in flannel. I made a pair - I still need to adjust. You need to be sure to have plenty of room to make up for not stretch. Cut the side seams extra wide (I'd add at least one inch to each side seam. Then check the fit and adjust as needed. Hopefully this will help prevent you having the problem I did - now I'm putting a gusset into the side seams to give more room. Good luck with your cointuned sewing!
Danvillegirl said... (12/20/03 6:42 PM) Reply
What a great gift idea! Nice way to keep honing your sewing skills.
CarolynGM said... (12/20/03 5:29 PM) Reply
That is a very impressive accomplishment-- 15 pairs of pants in so little time! And they're so cute and colorful! Your friends will likely all be placing additional orders after they open their gifts.
Elona said... (12/20/03 4:36 PM) Reply
Impressive, Chandra! It really is a confidence-booster to find a nice, basic pattern, and give yourself a total workout on it. Congratulations to you, kid.

Simplicity 7520 OOP