Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2009-112 (zippered blouse)

Reviewed by:Judy Wentz

About Judy Wentzstar
TX USA
Member since: 1/24/05
Posted on:5/28/09 1:53 PM
Last Updated:6/3/09 3:04 PM

KandiSEW said... (9/7/12 8:36 AM) Reply
Fantastic review!!! You are an amazing sewer, I hope to be there someday. Wow, great job.
carolsue2 said... (7/3/09 10:37 AM) Reply
I really appreciate your clear explanation and pictures of how you used this pattern, especially the waistband and pleat management. I think it looks great on you. It looks like something I would grab out of my closet to wear and I am encouraged to make this top. Thank you.
Speech girl said... (6/5/09 10:37 PM) Reply
Cute!
Patzee said... (6/3/09 4:46 PM) Reply
Wonderful review! I need to take another look at this pattern. Thanks for the tip about seersucker. I didn't know that.
renren said... (6/2/09 9:32 AM) Reply
I love your finished jacket. Thanks for posting! Perfect jacket for a gray day in autumn or spring when you want to bring some light into the world! Wonderful for summer, too, especially on a windy beach.
Judy Wentz said... (5/29/09 7:39 PM) Reply
Actually I made a couple of mistakes before I got the zipper thing right. Color was just one of the issues. At first I did not realize that the zipper went up through the color. The color chart was an after thought, but will be really helpful in the future. The samples are awesome. I have found that at least at my Joannes, the zipper selection is pretty slim. I love the zippers from YKK. They will even cut them to your specifications for one dollar more. jw
madamemaigret said... (5/29/09 4:40 PM) Reply
I've been waiting to see if anyone else made this jacket! I've almost finished mine; just the hem and front facing bias to do. Your review really clarifies a few of the issues I was having with it. Your jacket looks great already; am looking forward to seeing the finished article.
crisford said... (5/29/09 11:50 AM) Reply
Your jackets are looking great! I will be looking forward to seeing photos of you modelling them! This has been on my list of things to make, so thanks for the great review.
renren said... (5/29/09 8:01 AM) Reply
Your jackets are very nice. I especially love the plaid one and am really amazed by your "double-headed" zipper. I guess you ordered the YKK color chart and then you ordered the zipper from them also?
swede said... (5/29/09 1:04 AM) Reply
Wow, thanks for the review, I'm about to start on this jacket tomorrow, and I'm sure I'll refer back to your comments. I can't wait to see your finished jacket!

More Knits