Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Last Updated:5/31/09 12:37 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
shannonmk said... (5/31/09 7:02 PM) Reply
Eleanor, I bought the pattern at the Thrift Store for 35 cents. So, yes, it is a classic worth many times it's price.
EleanorSews said... (5/31/09 3:16 PM) Reply
Your skirt is so nice. The pattern has so many basic pieces that clearly it is worth so much more than the sale price (which I'm betting is what you paid) many times over. This one has all the hallmarks of a "classic".
shannonmk said... (5/31/09 12:34 PM) Reply
Renren, FOE is Fold Over Elastic. I trimmed away the Waist band casing and applied the FOE to the Waistband. Do a quick google search for videos and tutorials. I found FOE at Jo-Ann's on the wall with the by-the-yard laces. I asked and was told they don't sell it, but I hunted anyway and got lucky. Maybe you can find it locally, too.
renren said... (5/30/09 6:33 PM) Reply
Really nice pattern with many options. Cute skirt, but I am curious . . . what is FEO elastic and why do you now regard it as your favorite? Can you buy it locally or do you use an internet source? If you could answer, that would be helpful; otherwise I will look it up. The reason I ask is that right this very second I have an 8 gored Jalie skirt laying across my lap and I am getting ready to read how to get elastic added to the waist.

Pattern Work