Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5961 (apron)

Reviewed by:SewingSusan

About SewingSusanstar
KY USA
Member since: 2/2/03
Posted on:12/23/03 7:15 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Heatherrique said... (8/23/06 7:53 PM) Reply
Great job! Too gorgeous for an apron! Wow!
CycleGal said... (1/18/05 12:09 PM) Reply
Oh my gosh, I just made this pattern, with this fabric...and I hadn't seen your review!
Elaine Penney said... (12/26/03 12:29 PM) Reply
Love your apron. They're almost obsolete these days, yet every time I mess up my clothes, I say to myself "I need an apron!" I just may have to make one of these.
JustSewCrafty said... (12/24/03 7:12 PM) Reply
Very nice! Be careful about adding too much fullness to the side pannel as it could make someone with full hips look even fuller . . .
drsue said... (12/23/03 11:42 PM) Reply
I had a shock of recognition when I saw your review, I made a very similar apron but it was from a vitage simplicty pattern, #3702 that I bought on e-bay. Couldn't find a copyright date. I also was amazed at the amount of detail work in these vintage aprons. The originial had even more so because the shoulder straps are one piece with the apron itself making the bias binding very tricky. Great Job and I love the fabric.
SewingSusan said... (12/23/03 8:18 PM) Reply
I just realized I took this picture before I put the bias trimmed pockets on. I debated adding the pockets but I was really glad I did. Anybody know what I did wrong with my link to a close-up of the fabric?
Lou. said... (12/23/03 8:03 PM) Reply
Love it!!
MadMenFanlinda said... (12/23/03 7:55 PM) Reply
I love it Susan! Great fabric and fun to look at. Thanks for the review. I would like to make one out of a fifties style Hawaiian print I have but I think I'll wait till the New Year.

All About Linings
All About Linings

No Pattern Used none

by: maria 6705

MariaDenmark 101

by: MrsCharism...

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)