Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 81508 (Ebb & Flow)

Reviewed by:Irene Q

About Irene Qstarstarstarstar
NH USA
Member since: 3/19/04
Posted on:6/5/09 3:23 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
KathySews said... (3/31/11 1:40 PM) Reply
I love this top, but have been struggling with how to do the fba. Then I remembered IRENE made this. Thanks for the fba info.
OP Gal said... (8/18/10 9:28 PM) Reply
I have this pattern waiting to be sewn and have read and heard great things about it. I really like the way you've come up with lots of variations. I may be copying a few!
Mufffet said... (8/28/09 11:28 AM) Reply
What a nice shirt. I just now saw this.
idesign said... (8/23/09 10:32 AM) Reply
Great review! Loved seeing the variations on a theme, and your pattern piece alteration picture.
Vicky C said... (7/23/09 7:11 PM) Reply
I just came across your review as I happily finished my second Louise pattern and am considering buying this one now. Thank you so much for all the detail and the creative variations you applied to the basic pattern. You've inspired me!
moushka said... (6/6/09 9:01 PM) Reply
Lovely shirts, Irene. I love how you take a pattern and really run with it by making so many variations. Very inspiring! The pink is stunning on you. Sue
GrammaSewn said... (6/6/09 5:46 PM) Reply
Great job as always Irene, keep em comin'
gaginny said... (6/6/09 4:40 PM) Reply
Beautiful collection of shirts....beautifully done.....i especially like you in the pink.....it just really brightens your look.
Michele Lommasson said... (6/6/09 3:10 PM) Reply
This top looks perfect on you. Well done.
Grammy Gin said... (6/6/09 3:06 PM) Reply
You really did a great job on all of the versions. The pink shirts you made really are flattering to your complexion. You've really been busy reducing the stash!
Andreahg said... (6/6/09 1:48 PM) Reply
Nice tops!
Ody said... (6/6/09 1:21 PM) Reply
Guess what is going to be my new pattern??? Really like this blouse and great review.
Annette1 said... (6/6/09 1:04 PM) Reply
You've certainly put this pattern to good use, Irene. Each version is lovely. I especially like the pink one!
Kathi R said... (6/6/09 11:47 AM) Reply
When I saw the first version of this shirt in the sew along thread I bought it ... your review has really convinced me that this is my ideal summer shirt, but I can't find the darn thing! Thanks for your review, I'm inspired to tear my house apart now to find the pattern.
Heatherrique said... (6/6/09 11:07 AM) Reply
Very impressive and stylish, Irene! You are fortunate to find a super cool pattern! I adore all your tops, but you especially ROCK in those groovy dots and that luscious pink top.
maedchen said... (6/6/09 10:24 AM) Reply
I love this, had never heard of the company before, but bookmarked it, might be an add on to Lutterloh for me. Looks great on you!
marthamyers said... (6/6/09 9:04 AM) Reply
Who would've thought that one pattern could be so versatile! What fabulous tops you've made. Thanks for the review.
Woolygal said... (6/6/09 9:01 AM) Reply
You've done a great job using the pattern in many ways.
Peggy L said... (6/6/09 8:22 AM) Reply
Wow! Great shirts and a wonderful review.
Susee said... (6/6/09 6:53 AM) Reply
Wow, those are just amazing! I love the way you cut the plaid on the bias in #3. I also love the modifications you made to the pink silk/linen top. They all look gorgeous on you. I bought the Ebb/Flow pattern last month, but I was a bit hesitant to try it since I've never used a Cutting Line pattern before. You have inspired me to make it my next project.
mClones said... (6/6/09 6:43 AM) Reply
Irene, I love your shirts too! Especially the 1,3,6 & 7. Thanks for the explanation about moving the dart to the seam.
mssewcrazy said... (6/5/09 6:51 PM) Reply
You really worked this pattern. I like the notched sleeve and also how you changed it to a pullover tunic style. I think this pattern would be great year round and could endless keep reinventing itself-hope I can get my pattern to fit as well as you have your versions.
RLL said... (6/5/09 5:12 PM) Reply
I love your shirts too! I have the pattern but have not worked with it yet. It is slowly moving up on my list! I especially like #3 and #7.
Clareew said... (6/5/09 5:05 PM) Reply
What a beautiful collection of shirts, well done
michellep74 said... (6/5/09 3:58 PM) Reply
So many great versions of this shirt! What a versatile pattern!

Favorite Things Little Smartie Pants Pattern