Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6812 (Misses Dresses, Tunics, Pants)

Reviewed by:PolishPoppy

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

Sweater knit fabrics

gernella said... (8/29/09 12:27 PM) Reply
I wish I had seen this review before I made mine. Some Chinese material my husband liked, which was a mistake, hard to handle. Finally finished apart from the hem and it has been sat there for weeks waiting for it to be done as I know the stitching will show. One major thing, I assumed there was a zip somewhere but there wasn't and I have a big head! Had to really pull to get my bonce through. When I do finally wear it, more like a cruise special, I will have to do my hair with it on. Oh and I had to do the tunic as my fabric wasn't wide enough with being cut on the bias. Otherwise looks lovely on the hanger. Perhaps would have been easier with another type of fabric .
busymomof3 said... (6/27/09 2:08 PM) Reply
You did a great job! It does get easier with time. Very good idea about the stickers!
Woolygal said... (6/7/09 7:36 AM) Reply
You've done a really nice job on this "first" top and "first" review. It will get easier.
Kayseri said... (6/6/09 10:19 PM) Reply
Good looking top. We've all had trouble marking on some fabrics, the stickers is a good way around it. Matching the instructions to fabric in your hands unfortunately just takes practice, and sometimes even that doesn't help. I like your mirror idea.
marec said... (6/6/09 9:19 PM) Reply
"I had to trace my finger along the pics and mirror tracing my other finger on my fabric to figure out where to sew. " That is genius! It is a tip I am going to use as I struggle next time with spatial reasoning. Your top is really pretty and your review is helpful. I use stickers also, and tape, and soap, and all sorts of things to mark. Thanks for the info on this pattern.
pfaffkj said... (6/6/09 3:01 PM) Reply
Your top looks very nice. I love this style, and your fabric choice.
frame said... (6/6/09 2:31 PM) Reply
I think you did a fine job with your review. Lots of helpful information. Using stickers to mark your fabric is a great idea. And knowing the type of interfacing you used is really helpful. I hope your idea to increase the width works. It's a nice pattern, thanks for the review. :)

by: mnitts