Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3789 3990 (Khaliah Ali - Misses Shirts)

Reviewed by:scrappycat

About scrappycatstar
TN USA
Member since: 9/11/05
Sewing skills:Beginner
Posted on:6/6/09 3:50 PM
Last Updated:6/6/09 4:00 PM

Sewshot said... (10/23/09 5:14 PM) Reply
I'm working on fitting this pattern to myself now. I had to lower the bust point by a good bit, and that part now fits. (But the princess seams fall so far to the outside of my bust, putting extra fullness between the bust and the armscye, that I think I'll have to re-draw those seamlines, moving them toward the center.) It sounds like you want to lower the bustline for yourself, too. There's a great tutorial online for that, at: https://agrilifebookstore.org/publications_details.cfm?whichpublication=2291 However, that alteration is just the beginning of changes I have to make for myself if I continue to use this pattern.
JMarie1962 said... (6/8/09 3:39 PM) Reply
Very Pretty Top! I've made this too and found that the bust line sat higher than my own bust. I attributed it to the same thing... gravity ;) Love your choice of fabric here.
Tere Sews said... (6/8/09 8:46 AM) Reply
This is a great pattern. I have made it a half a dozen times. I found that the D cup was designed for a fuller upper chest so try pin fitting the princess seam to tweak it to fit. But really pretty good right out of the envelope.
Em's Summer said... (6/6/09 10:38 PM) Reply
A very pretty top! Great job!
carolynw said... (6/6/09 10:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt - I have this pattern and have taken it out/put it back but you are inspiring me to take out and use!!
marec said... (6/6/09 9:14 PM) Reply
Very pretty blouse-nice work!! The fabric looks very cool and summery.
sewtime said... (6/6/09 8:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse, really love it.
JeanM said... (6/6/09 8:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! You can adjust where the fullness of the princess seam falls, just as mentioned by Nancywin and FreyaStark, if the rest of the shirt fits correctly. And the adjustment shouldn't affect the armhole. I use Swedish tracing paper (or the non-woven interfacing printed with a grid) - trace my pattern pieces and pin-fit the tracings (and then I still have the original pattern, as I expect I won't always be the shape I am currently!).
FreyaStark said... (6/6/09 7:19 PM) Reply
A lovely shirt. It could be that you need to lower the fullness of the princess seams so that it corresponds with the fullness of your bust if your bust has dropped with age, which is common. Instructions with clear diagrams are given in Fit for Real People. You might be able to buy a copy from a good sewing shop, a bookshop or online from the McCall's website.
Nancywin said... (6/6/09 6:29 PM) Reply
Very pretty top. You can alter the princess lines without altering the sleeve. When you make it again, do the OPPOSITE of a FBA for princess seams This should eliminate the fullness in the front without affecting the armscye.
homejewel said... (6/6/09 6:29 PM) Reply
That's a very nice top. I really like your fabric.
RLL said... (6/6/09 4:15 PM) Reply
This is a very pretty fabric and your top turned out nicely. Very summery looking.

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2007-117

by: yummymummy...

by: annie11

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Christine Jonson Easy Coat