Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4375 (Khaliah Ali)

Reviewed by:OP Gal

About OP Galstarstarstar
KS United States
Member since: 10/14/03
Posted on:6/9/09 10:56 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Jane Warren said... (6/13/09 5:00 PM) Reply
I love this jacket on you, and am really impressed with where you've taken this pattern. I have overlooked this in the book, but seeing all of your versions I feel inspired to add it to my pattern collection.
JAS said... (6/11/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Nice jacket, it looks great on you.
Kellie R. said... (6/10/09 9:54 PM) Reply
I love the piping! Your jacket looks lovely on you!
Berniev said... (6/10/09 11:36 AM) Reply
Great job on the jacket - I think it looks great on you and I went back and looked at your other creations with this pattern, all look wonderful. Thanks for the review.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/10/09 11:35 AM) Reply
You look wonderful in your lovely spring jacket!
mastdenman said... (6/10/09 9:25 AM) Reply
It looks like a perfect light coat for you. Great color too.
Christas said... (6/10/09 9:17 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful on you!
carolynw said... (6/10/09 9:05 AM) Reply
I think you look absolutely wonderful - what a gorgeous photo of you - and the jacket looks mighty nice too!!
mssewcrazy said... (6/10/09 8:26 AM) Reply
You are working this pattern which I have in the stash thankfully as your review makes me want it. Every version you have done looks different-nice work.
JudyP said... (6/10/09 8:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! I love the piping!
OP Gal said... (6/10/09 8:01 AM) Reply
o3b, thanks for the kind comments regarding this project. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not sure about some of the alterations. I usually write alterations on the pattern piece. However, I traced, adjusted and retraced again until I'm not sure about some of the alteration amounts. The BB adjustment was slashing the back from shoulder to hem. I did a regular FBA on the side piece, and lowered the BP by cutting a "box" around the bust "point" and lowering that piece and filling in the gap above with tissue. HTH
craftygamma said... (6/10/09 7:33 AM) Reply
Great jacket! The zipper ripple is barely noticeable, probably would not have been noticeable at all had you not called it to our attention.
Peggy L said... (6/10/09 7:31 AM) Reply
This color looks great on you. Adding the piping was such a great idea. I bet you think of another jacket to make with this pattern. So nice when all the alterations are already done and you can get right to the fun part - the sewing!
Rebecca D said... (6/10/09 6:54 AM) Reply
You look just beautiful in this color. Great jacket.
o3b said... (6/10/09 5:51 AM) Reply
I have this pattern b/c I like the way it looks on the envelope. But I can't believe how many different things you have made from it - and they are all things I would wear...a LOT! This is definitely moving up on my "to do" list. You are so adorable in this jacket with your smile!! How much did you move the princess seams in? And what is the "3/4" BB" adjustment? I need some similar adjustments that you made - especially in the FBA and lowering the bust point.
rivergum said... (6/10/09 3:29 AM) Reply
What a fabulous jacket. It looks great on you!
Annette1 said... (6/10/09 1:31 AM) Reply
What a GREAT picture of you, made all the more so in this beautiful peach jacket. It fits you PERFECTLY, and that is most definitely YOUR COLOR. :o) I have a feeling you WILL find a way to use this pattern again, and why not? I love all of your versions so far!
CynthiaSue said... (6/10/09 0:44 AM) Reply
it looks like it fits perfectly! the piping is perfect! and the color is wonderful on you!
Sewing Jane said... (6/10/09 0:10 AM) Reply
Nice jacket. I have this pattern also and haven't used it yet. Yours sure fits nicely. Good job.

by: Heatherriq...