Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-110 (Silk Tunic)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

About Birgittestarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/28/04
Posted on:6/10/09 8:27 PM

Nancy K said... (7/11/09 1:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful construction and a very flattering blouse. I much prefer it in your dramatic print than the prissy original. Gorgeous
Annette1 said... (6/15/09 4:21 AM) Reply
I'm so far behind on reading my reviews on PR, I had to come clear out to page 6 to find this one -- ha! I KNEW I had seen one of your reviews though. This is SO pretty. I love the easy, yet not voluminous fit. OF COURSE, it looks FABULOUS on you. :o) Great review!
chango said... (6/14/09 8:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful tunic, I love your fabric. It looks great on you. I was attracted to the style, but wasn't sure it would look good on me. I've just finished it (well, I have to buy buttons and sew them on), and I'm so happy with the result! Easy and clear instructions (something I don't always say about BWOF). I made it with a stretch poplin I had in my stash, but I will definately sew it again in silk charmeuse. Thanks for the review, and for the pictures on your blog showing your alterations, I wasn't sure hot to finish the neckline, and I found the answer from the pictures on your blog. THanks!
SusiM said... (6/12/09 0:48 AM) Reply
What beautiful construction, and a superb garment! Thanks so much for posting this review. I was eyeing this one, and love what you have created.
Sew4Fun said... (6/11/09 11:23 PM) Reply
Very stylish tunic! Love your silk fabric. I like how (I assume) you matched the main stripes across the upper front bodice but not the others so it's not too matchy-matchy. It adds a nice visual interest. Thanks for the helpful review.
CynthiaSue said... (6/11/09 5:54 PM) Reply
you've done it agin! High fashion lady. Ok, i get that you don't show your face but you have to raise your hair so we can see the blouse: must see more:) Beautiful craftsmenship
Catbird said... (6/11/09 4:35 PM) Reply
Well here we go again -- now I have to stop everything I'm doing and go trace this top. I love it!! It's flowy and feminine and so chic, and the proportions are perfect with your slim white pants and sandals. That fabric is scrumptious, too, and it must be heavenly to wear. I love all the construction details. Thank you for a fantastic review and another big dose of inspiration!
barbcl said... (6/11/09 1:25 PM) Reply
Really sharp! Thanks for sharing.
eugenia123 said... (6/11/09 12:36 PM) Reply
Great review and really gorgeous tunic, beautifully constructed.
LindsayT said... (6/11/09 12:27 PM) Reply
Seriously, I never would have considered an empire waist as a rectangle myself, but this looks wonderful on you. I may have to rethink this pattern. Fabulous fabric as always.
Grammy Gin said... (6/11/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Great looking tunic! It looks stunning on you! I love Thai Silks.
kerrynw said... (6/11/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Cute top!
Elke said... (6/11/09 9:44 AM) Reply
Very pretty top & terrific review!
Marji said... (6/11/09 9:16 AM) Reply
fabulous looking top on you. Love that silk print too.
AngieC said... (6/11/09 9:13 AM) Reply
Love your top! What a beautiful finish inside and out! Great review as well-
Jean McGuire said... (6/11/09 8:40 AM) Reply
WOW! Great top and excellent review. Thank you!
Deepika said... (6/11/09 8:39 AM) Reply
Wow! your tunic is lovely. Silk Charmeuse is perfect for this style. Thanks for sharing.
FreyaStark said... (6/11/09 6:45 AM) Reply
A smart and distinctive top. Well done.
Rebecca D said... (6/11/09 6:40 AM) Reply
Your top looks great and I very much appreciate the detailed construction steps. Your workmanship is impeccable.
Lori V said... (6/10/09 11:16 PM) Reply
Wonderful shirt, it looks fantastic on you. Thanks for the link to the style blog.
Nancywin said... (6/10/09 10:53 PM) Reply
This looks great on you Birgitte, and I love the fabric you chose. Thanks for linking back to Thai Silks, they have really increased their selection since I last checked them out. Love this tunic on you!
Karen6790 said... (6/10/09 10:48 PM) Reply
As another rectangle, I really enjoyed your review. Love your fabric - it suits you and the top beautifully.
Gold said... (6/10/09 9:56 PM) Reply
Very cute top!
Christas said... (6/10/09 9:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous blouse! The fabric is wonderful!
ryansmumAria said... (6/10/09 9:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful as always
Kellie R. said... (6/10/09 9:47 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous! THanks for the detailed pictures of the construction. It's just fabulous!
Kennis said... (6/10/09 9:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Love the fabric too. Your version is pretty than Burda's.
whistlin dixie said... (6/10/09 9:15 PM) Reply
Lovely marriage of pattern and fabric, very nice construction. Looks great on you!
Twinset said... (6/10/09 9:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Looks great with your pants and sandals!
Jali said... (6/10/09 8:52 PM) Reply
Amazing blouse! Looks much better than the magazine versions. Looks like a great fit and what lovely fabric..
crazygrad said... (6/10/09 8:46 PM) Reply
I love the fabric lines- gorgeous!
Gelbean said... (6/10/09 8:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and great fabric choice!

by: Jennifer s...