Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1082 (MISSES' SKIRT)

Reviewed by:Marji

About Marjistarstarstarstar
MO USA
Member since: 9/19/06
Posted on:6/11/09 11:28 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
annamm said... (4/20/11 8:04 PM) Reply
Thank you for showing your skirt. It's great to see how patterns turn out in real life.
Yvonski said... (7/4/09 4:24 PM) Reply
Well I think the large motif looks great, and the piping is definitely slimming. Well written reviewl
cindyann said... (6/12/09 10:43 AM) Reply
In spite of the unfortunante placement of the motifs, this is a very nice looking skirt. So nice, that I'm going to go buy the pattern. This style is very flattering on you!
fryman said... (6/12/09 9:30 AM) Reply
thanks for the very important lesson on motif placement. shape of skirt is very flattering and shows off your hourglass figure, I hope you make it again as you are familar w/this pattern now and it does have "good bones" as MLoyet said.
Gelbean said... (6/11/09 7:16 PM) Reply
I love this skirt! It has great lines, the piping adds a beautiful touch and I didn't notice the placement of the flowers until you pointed them out. I think it's beautiful and I'm glad you are going to make it again.
Kayseri said... (6/11/09 5:42 PM) Reply
I love the piping, it gives great definition to a patterned fabric. Shame this particular fabric didn't work out.
AnneM said... (6/11/09 4:08 PM) Reply
Love the style and I think it looks great on you. The motif placement, I have to agree, isn't spectacular. Although I actually like the front placement.
eugenia123 said... (6/11/09 3:49 PM) Reply
You know what - I don't think the placement of the motifs matters too much because think the skirt is really beautiful.
Ariadne said... (6/11/09 1:33 PM) Reply
I have never seen a Sandra Betzina pattern, so thank you for describing it so thoroughly. Also, thanks for the tips on motifs. I don't wear them at all- but my daughter probably will.
persevering said... (6/11/09 12:55 PM) Reply
What a happy skirt! The shape is definitively attractive on you. Thanks for your review.
Hilary said... (6/11/09 12:07 PM) Reply
Well , I love the fabric, and the design of the skirt, but maybe not together :P I agree on the motifs not ending up in the right place (I've had the same troubles!!) but really, with the right fabric, I think this skirt would be beautiful on you! Thanks for the great review!
Michelle L said... (6/11/09 11:36 AM) Reply
While the pattern motifs didn't end up in a great place, I love the lines of this skirt, and the piping really adds a great touch. I had shied away from this skirt because I thought, wow, those curving seams right on the part I want to hide...might not be great. But, seeing your skirt, I think that I will definitely give this a try, because regardless of the placement of the motifs, this skirt has "good bones", and the piping draws the eye and makes it more slimming. Thanks for the heads up on a pattern that I would have passed over otherwise!

Portabello Pixie Ruffle Pants