Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2008-113 (Top)

Reviewed by:rsersh

About rsershstar
Member since: 4/17/08
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:6/18/09 3:41 PM
Last Updated:6/18/09 4:54 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
rsersh said... (7/14/09 4:31 PM) Reply
Hi there, MichalK. Here's my interpretation: With this blouse, the elastic casing is created using the seam allowance from stitching the peplum to the top. Once the two are sewn, you take the allowance, press it up, and then stitch along the edge of the allowance to the top (again). This will create a little "tube" that you can put your elastic in. Be sure not to stitch the allowance to the top in its entirety at first. You'll want to stop an inch or two from where you started so that you can put the elastic in and get it right. Once you're happy with the fit, you can finish sewing the allowance to the top. Hope that helps!
michalklimer said... (7/13/09 8:00 AM) Reply
question!!!!! can you help me? I don't understand the instructions for the elastics... I'm supposed to attach the front top to the botton and then somehow the elastics? can u please help? Thanks!
michalklimer said... (7/13/09 7:31 AM) Reply
rsersh said... (6/22/09 1:43 PM) Reply
Everyone is just so sweet and encouraging. Thanks so much!
Grammy Gin said... (6/20/09 0:14 AM) Reply
Really cute top. I don't know the type of fabric...(I know linen has nubbies on it), but it is a nice print! You look so cute!
fuzzygalore said... (6/19/09 12:43 PM) Reply
Fabulous! You look great, glad it wasn't too painful as well :-).
kerrynw said... (6/19/09 4:00 AM) Reply
Cute top, lovely print.
Lisa p said... (6/19/09 3:15 AM) Reply
Thankyou for your helpful review. I intend to make this with some silk chiffon i have in teh stash. I might make a muslin first to check the head fit !!
michalklimer said... (6/19/09 1:37 AM) Reply
I love it! I have this burda and I looked at the pattern, but it's difficult to see the way the top fits on the model! so I thought - it looks so simple, it oroibably doesn't look that good! But it does! it looks lovely!!! Thanks for the review!
eugenia123 said... (6/18/09 4:58 PM) Reply
Great top and really pretty fabric - it looks lovely on you.
EleanorSews said... (6/18/09 4:28 PM) Reply
What a wonderful little top! It has a lot of style for something so simple.

Other 926 Rocking Horse Farms