Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3503 (Misses Day or Evening Knit)

Reviewed by:Sara The Slayer

About Sara The Slayerstar
ISRAEL
Member since: 11/22/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:6/18/09 5:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
Sara The Slayer said... (4/23/11 11:53 AM) Reply
It was just some cheapy at a mom-and-pop type fabric store in Israel. Not something I could tell you where to get. In fact, on the bolt, it sorta had a babushka look to it, but a nice drape so I went with it.
SewingSho said... (2/25/10 11:48 PM) Reply
I love the fabric; where did you get it?
sewnini said... (11/17/09 9:13 AM) Reply
Great Dress and love the fabric choice. Thanks for the heads up on the sizing too!
CynthiaSue said... (7/27/09 3:14 PM) Reply
Niiice. Don't know how I missed this. Ilove the print. Colors on you are perfect and perfect for this dress!!
im2melo4u said... (7/6/09 9:09 AM) Reply
I love your fabric and the dress looks great!
Sara The Slayer said... (6/21/09 5:44 AM) Reply
Thanks. I didn't know you were supposed to use high bust for the big four. That puts me at an 8. I wonder, though, if on this one I shouldn't go to a six. And I think if I do it again, I'll just draw the line of the neckline further over so the overlap is more. Shouldn't be hard. Probably will take in the shoulders some too. Be sure to stabilize shoulder seams.
CARALB said... (6/20/09 9:31 AM) Reply
I had the same problem. I cut a 10-12 and should have cut a 6. I'm also putting a side zipper in to help the mid section fit better.
Sew tell me said... (6/19/09 11:38 PM) Reply
I was just eyeing this pattern today but decided I didn't want to mess around with that plunging V. Looks great on you though!
carolynw said... (6/19/09 8:47 AM) Reply
Pretty and very eye catching
Gelbean said... (6/19/09 7:51 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress!
Lisa p said... (6/19/09 7:11 AM) Reply
Pretty pretty dress ! I love it . I have this pattern to make soon so your review is pretty helpful to me .
Sara The Slayer said... (6/19/09 4:13 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. Thanks Molly, I didn't know that so much. I have a small bust so that should have sized me down. And I did look at the garment measurements, but it was so hangy (the top is gathered) that it wasn't quite relevant...and it wasn't too wide around, it was just too long, too deep a V...the width was ok. It is just made for an Amazon.
Em's Summer said... (6/19/09 3:47 AM) Reply
Pretty dress. Just a heads up--the GARMENT measurements on the back of the pattern envelope might help you to determine what size you should make.
mhk3boys said... (6/18/09 9:47 PM) Reply
Your dress looks really great.
mollyshark said... (6/18/09 9:11 PM) Reply
Remember when sizing the big 4 to go by high bust measurement, not actual bust size. If I went by bust size I'd be in like a 16 in these. Realistically I'm in a 12 and then do an FBA. Huge diff. That may be the issue here with your sizing.
valerie sews said... (6/18/09 8:09 PM) Reply
All adjustment problems aside it's a stunning dress. Thank you for your review. This pattern is in a queue of things I want to make up soon.
crazygrad said... (6/18/09 5:30 PM) Reply
The fabric is so fun! Looks great on you!

by: Aafke