Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-101 (Skirt w/ Front Pockets)

Reviewed by:Deb Thompson

Posted on:6/24/09 6:18 PM
Last Updated:6/24/09 6:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
verobiride said... (11/1/09 1:31 PM) Reply
Deb, thank you very much for this review and for the tutorial. It allowed me to sew this skirt in one afternoon!
lindseykron said... (7/3/09 4:12 PM) Reply
thank you so much for the photo walk-through on your site! it was a huge help making my first version, and beginning my second right now!
SusiM said... (6/25/09 8:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting all the photos on your blog so the rest of us can see how you proceed. Cute skirt.
Deb Thompson said... (6/25/09 12:35 PM) Reply
Meggielulu - I have taken so many ideas from this site over the years that I feel like it's time I start giving back so I am going to start taking way more photos of the process (especially with Burda's) when I sew. Unfortunatly I still have some things to review with no process photos but from this point forward, I will take photos!! Spottedturtle...I have been told that on a couple occasions (though I don't see it myself! but thank you for the flattery)
Meggie LuLu said... (6/25/09 10:57 AM) Reply
Deb, this skirt is SOOOO CUTE!!! I have made this pattern 2 times now and I agree this pattern would be an EXCELLENT pattern for beginners (if the instructions were better)!! LOL!! I LOVE the color of the fabric!! It is SOOOO PRETTY!! Thank you for the picture tutorial!! That will be such a BIG help to anyone making this skirt!!
kerrynw said... (6/25/09 4:21 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt!
jkaori said... (6/24/09 10:42 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt --- color is amazing!
Lori V said... (6/24/09 10:10 PM) Reply
Cute skirt, very pretty color.
21wale said... (6/24/09 7:59 PM) Reply
Very nice! I've been eyeing this one in the magazine. Has anyone ever told you you look like Jennifer Aniston?
Gold said... (6/24/09 7:45 PM) Reply
Very cute skirt!
renren said... (6/24/09 7:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for the photo montage showing a tricky step in the skirt construction. Love your skirt and your personalized label is awesome!
Christas said... (6/24/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt ......makes a lovely outfit!

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns