Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2007-120 (Top)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:6/24/09 4:12 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

MelissaB in WA said... (7/15/09 11:50 PM) Reply
That is such a great outfit! I love it and what a special way to have your MeMaw always near you. I know what you mean about Burda, they always have such LOW tops - geez. And I don't have anything to show off to anyway (not that I'd want to if I did! lol).
Heatherrique said... (7/14/09 8:59 PM) Reply
oops double post ;-)
Heatherrique said... (7/14/09 8:59 PM) Reply
Hi Christas! I have been catching up on the reviews I missed. Your new top is not plain at all, but so STYLIN'! You look sensational! I adore the neckline and length on you.
callmeRuth said... (6/29/09 11:32 PM) Reply
Yes, you should wear the top. It looks great on you---good fit, and it's very pretty.
Mahler said... (6/29/09 12:14 PM) Reply
What a great top. I don't think that fabric is wrong. ?! You are lovely with it, and as I said on the capri review, this outfit is amzingly great !
said... (6/28/09 4:07 PM) Reply
I love this top!! It's adorable!!!
Barbara V said... (6/27/09 1:51 PM) Reply
How special that you inherited your Grandmother's fabrics and here sewing one up. You give me courage to sew a couple of pieces I have held on to for years from my Grandmother. Your top is lovely and looks beautiful on you.
berescga said... (6/25/09 3:40 PM) Reply
I really like your top and don't consider it plain at all. I'm sorry it didn't match the vision in your head, though.
Leora said... (6/25/09 1:18 PM) Reply
Terrific little top! I love that you used your treasured stash, well done!
Jali said... (6/25/09 12:35 PM) Reply
It's not plain at all. In fact the whole look is very well put together and just lovely.
janet said... (6/25/09 11:01 AM) Reply
You look cute as a button! You should be the model in BOF.
wreninrome said... (6/25/09 10:47 AM) Reply
super adorable. I love the fabric and the look!
morzel said... (6/25/09 4:56 AM) Reply
I don't care if this didn't turn out the way you imagined it and are therefore not too keen on it - I LOVE IT! The trim looks great with the fabric and the style is also great for the fabric. The top looks great on you!!
pterion said... (6/24/09 10:44 PM) Reply
I like the top, I don't think it's plain at all. Very sweet fabric and the ribbon at the empire waist seam is a nice touch.
Peggy L said... (6/24/09 10:09 PM) Reply
I think it looks great and you will enjoy wearing it!! It is a great outfit. Hey people, it was 104 DEGREES here today. The perfect top for this heat.
Catbird said... (6/24/09 8:49 PM) Reply
Well, this was my entertainment for the evening! Between your commentary on BWOF instructions and Annette's comments, I've been chuckling through the whole thing. And hey, Annette, I used to sing that song in a band! I really love this top and love the story behind it. The pattern changes you made created such a flattering neckline for you, and the whole shape is so feminine and pretty. Your MeMaw would be proud of you.
Annette1 said... (6/24/09 7:48 PM) Reply
Well, I can only say it's a good thing you don't spend much time in MY sewing room (as if you could beat a path to the machine anyway), because there's PLENTY of cussin' going on and, at times, projectiles being hurled through the air. HOWEVER, I would have been as SWEET as Tupelo Honey, to quote Van Morrison, were I making this top, because it's DARLING. MeMaw would LOVE it. I think the blue band at the empire waist sets it off just perfectly. Cute, cute!
CarolynGM said... (6/24/09 6:48 PM) Reply
I love your top, and it's perfect for the current heat wave. That's a darling print.
said... (6/24/09 6:35 PM) Reply
I really like your top! And I think MeMaw would love it. (You always have such a warm smile in your photos - without knowing you at all, I can guess you must be a very kind person. ;)
mhk3boys said... (6/24/09 6:27 PM) Reply
Your top and jeans look so good! Very classy and cool.
Lori V said... (6/24/09 6:13 PM) Reply
Very cute top and pants. Perfect for summer.
eugenia123 said... (6/24/09 5:20 PM) Reply
This top is really nice - it's so pretty and a lovely shape for you and the fabric is just beautiful.
RLL said... (6/24/09 5:07 PM) Reply
The top/outfit is perfect. I would call it summer chic (meaning you don't want fru fru in the heat), but I would never call it plain. You look very nice and ready for any summer activity.
FreyaStark said... (6/24/09 5:06 PM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me - smart and cute. Even if it isn't what you expected, you should enjoy wearing it, maybe after a while when you've got used to it.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/24/09 4:51 PM) Reply
Awww, your top is perfect just the way it is!! It is not plain - it's a very 'put together' look and that is always better than OVER THE TOP in my book! :) It fits you perfectly and you look great in it. What a great tribute to your MeMaw.

Contest Pantone Colors Contest