Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5841

United States
Member since: 1/4/08
Posted on:6/30/09 7:29 PM
Last Updated:6/30/09 7:41 PM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

boutiquefabric.com

High end fashion fabrics

Beverly Cohen said... (4/17/13 1:07 AM) Reply
After trying on two separate occasions to understand the instructions before attempting to make this skirt pattern, I decided to check Patternreview.com to see if anyone else had been more successful understanding the instructions than I have been. After reading this review, I now know the problem is with the instructions and not me. I, too, am confused by the labels “upper tier”, “lower tier”, and “ruffle”. I sometimes have a problem understanding the instructions for independent patterns but never before have I had a problem with the instructions from any of the major pattern companies. My intention was to just improvise and do the best I could to create a similar skirt. However, the one thing missing from the instructions is the measurement for the width of each tier and ruffle. Although I can ordinarily do the math myself, in this case, confusion over the number of strips in the lower tier resulted in a calculation for the lower tier more than twice as wide as the upper tier.
Em's Summer said... (7/1/09 11:36 AM) Reply
This is such a sweet twirly style! Looks great!
fourkid said... (6/30/09 11:37 PM) Reply
This is an adorable dress. I looked at the picture of the pattern envelope and could tell this was way over my head mathematically - but it is adorable for those that can sew it. Great job!!!
KathyBKnits said... (6/30/09 10:58 PM) Reply
It's such a pretty skirt! Thanks for the great review!
Flying Seamstress said... (6/30/09 10:20 PM) Reply
This sure sounds complicated, but what a cute, cute result! DGD will surely love it!
Larri Seams Inspired said... (6/30/09 9:48 PM) Reply
Very good review. Your granddaughter will always remember twirling in this skirt :o)

Burda 8860

by: FreyaStark

Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern

Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)