Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5841

United States
Member since: 1/4/08
Posted on:6/30/09 7:29 PM
Last Updated:6/30/09 7:41 PM
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Beverly Cohen said... (4/17/13 1:07 AM) Reply
After trying on two separate occasions to understand the instructions before attempting to make this skirt pattern, I decided to check to see if anyone else had been more successful understanding the instructions than I have been. After reading this review, I now know the problem is with the instructions and not me. I, too, am confused by the labels “upper tier”, “lower tier”, and “ruffle”. I sometimes have a problem understanding the instructions for independent patterns but never before have I had a problem with the instructions from any of the major pattern companies. My intention was to just improvise and do the best I could to create a similar skirt. However, the one thing missing from the instructions is the measurement for the width of each tier and ruffle. Although I can ordinarily do the math myself, in this case, confusion over the number of strips in the lower tier resulted in a calculation for the lower tier more than twice as wide as the upper tier.
Em's Summer said... (7/1/09 11:36 AM) Reply
This is such a sweet twirly style! Looks great!
fourkid said... (6/30/09 11:37 PM) Reply
This is an adorable dress. I looked at the picture of the pattern envelope and could tell this was way over my head mathematically - but it is adorable for those that can sew it. Great job!!!
KathyBKnits said... (6/30/09 10:58 PM) Reply
It's such a pretty skirt! Thanks for the great review!
Flying Seamstress said... (6/30/09 10:20 PM) Reply
This sure sounds complicated, but what a cute, cute result! DGD will surely love it!
Larri Seams Inspired said... (6/30/09 9:48 PM) Reply
Very good review. Your granddaughter will always remember twirling in this skirt :o)

Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern