Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3624 (Misses' top)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:7/2/09 7:13 PM
Last Updated:7/2/09 10:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops
azjune said... (9/30/10 11:01 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and appreciate the tip about adding to the lower edge of the bodice. I really don't like it when the seam cuts across the center of the bust line and it seems like all of the patterns as well as ready made tops like this are cut the same way. This top looks great on you.
SewBissy said... (2/17/10 8:30 PM) Reply
This looks great on you. Lovely!
Sallygirl said... (7/26/09 10:54 AM) Reply
I recently bought this pattern, but I was unsure of it when I did. Your version has convinced me it was a good purchase. I will likely have to add length to the bodice the way you did. thanks for the heads up!
Jane S said... (7/6/09 10:32 AM) Reply
My first attempt on this was a big wadder...I found it hysterically funny to sew in a knit that was hanging off of me...and I'm not a small girl. Yours looks fabulous. I'm going to try again but this time I'll read the directions and use a woven for my size.
carolynw said... (7/4/09 8:29 AM) Reply
Looks very nice - my first attempt with this was a wadder - think your review is going tomake me try again!!
JDpenelope said... (7/3/09 1:39 PM) Reply
Great job and clever save. I hope your cute review doesn't distract me -- I'm supposed to be focusing on sewing bags right now, but I need some cute summer shirts like this one.
michellep74 said... (7/3/09 12:06 PM) Reply
Very cute top! I picked this one up recently hoping for an easy, cute summer top--thanks for the review!
Rebecca D said... (7/3/09 8:18 AM) Reply
What pretty top on you and I like the pairing with the khaki shorts. Very fresh and summery.
eugenia123 said... (7/3/09 5:50 AM) Reply
What a GREAT top - it looks really nice and very flattering.
Christas said... (7/3/09 1:00 AM) Reply
Lovely top on you!
Schnauzer said... (7/3/09 0:24 AM) Reply
Very pretty top, Patti!
Annette1 said... (7/3/09 0:10 AM) Reply
If I thought this would look HALF as good on me as it does you, I'd already have the pattern . (I HAVE eyed it on numerous occasions.) Too-big sleeves is a concept I can't even imagine -- ha! -- but your fix is PERFECT, and ends up being one of my favorite design details on this top. ALSO, I think the neckline is JUST RIGHT.
Terri Smith said... (7/2/09 10:04 PM) Reply
Great save and most creative! I probably would have just never worn it LOL.
Sherril Miller said... (7/2/09 9:16 PM) Reply
That's so cute. It's in my summer sewing pile too. White is a good choice.
moushka said... (7/2/09 9:03 PM) Reply
Very cute and flattering top.
nancyc said... (7/2/09 8:59 PM) Reply
Wonderful idea to save the sleeves! I will have to remember this. I am sure you will get a lot of wear out of this top this summer. It looks great on you!
Barbara V said... (7/2/09 8:45 PM) Reply
Pretty top! Good solution on the sleeves. You look great in it!
Em's Summer said... (7/2/09 7:46 PM) Reply
This is flowy, but it's great for the hourglass shape00it looks soo good on you! And I love what you did with the sleeves--they go perfectly with this style!!!
khunter said... (7/2/09 7:25 PM) Reply
great save on the sleeve! great top, you look fantastic in it.

Understanding Wool Fabrics