Pattern Reviews> Other> 0000 Pattern Weights (Pattern Weights)

Reviewed by:addicted2fabric

Last Updated:7/3/09 6:42 AM

luvzdogz said... (7/16/09 1:12 AM) Reply
Cool!
Oceanpeg said... (7/5/09 11:27 AM) Reply
Sounds like a good idea. Can probably do same with a small can of vegetables or the like, if the weights aren't available..... I us the top of my washer and dreyer as a cutting board and this might stop my fabric from slipping and sliding too.
Shoshana said... (7/3/09 12:44 PM) Reply
I have made very similar weights filled with dried beans or rice. A fabric store in Michigan uses this type weights to "mark" your fabric on the cutting counter so they will not put it back in inventory while you continue to shop. A great way to use up small pieces of fabric.
Kellie R. said... (7/3/09 11:31 AM) Reply
What a great idea!!!!!!! Now I have to make some!
j222b said... (7/3/09 11:17 AM) Reply
Interesting. I never thought of using weights for tracing off patterns. I will try your method of pins for the fabric and weights for the paper tracing. I will also look for the tracing paper you use. The weights are beautiful, too.
camaro1952 said... (7/3/09 10:36 AM) Reply
You are soooooo clever!
addicted2fabric said... (7/3/09 1:21 AM) Reply
Sweetiebop, I use rolls of greaseproof paper bought from the supermarket, it is found with the Tinfoil (aluminium foil) and Gladwrap (Saranwrap?). Actually the stuff I buy is called 'Imitation greaseproof paper'. It feels and looks just like regular white paper, but thinner than the paper you'd use in your printer. This paper is also known as Lunchwrap or Lunchpaper, as it is most commonly used for wrapping food in, particularly sandwiches for the lunchbox. I'm not sure if the same paper is sold in the US or what it would be called there. It is similar to the silicone coated paper you can use in the oven, except this paper does not have the silicone and would go on fire in the oven. We also have another similar paper called waxed paper and I have tried that but its harder to write on and is slightly more expensive. This paper I use costs about $1.80NZ for 25 metres and it is 30cm wide. I do sometimes have to join it for wider pattern pieces, mainly sleeves and the back of pants. But its so cheap I dont mind the minor inconvenience. It does try to roll back up when I'm using it, hence the pattern weights :o)
Sweetiebop said... (7/3/09 1:01 AM) Reply
Your weights are so cute. Can you tell me what you use to trace your patterns on?
Annette1 said... (7/3/09 0:08 AM) Reply
These are SO cute! What a great idea. I like to use weights, too, just to keep my fabric from sliding off the end of the table sometimes. :o) And I LOVE that little iron just the way it is!
Penny B said... (7/3/09 0:06 AM) Reply
Those are the prettiest pattern weights I have ever seen. I bet there will be lots of people making these.

by: goosegreen

WhatNots Paper Pattern

WhatNots Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)