Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2655 (Misses & Miss Petite Skirts)

Reviewed by:Karla Kizer

About Karla Kizerstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:7/5/09 6:22 PM
Last Updated:7/5/09 8:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

ktr2567 said... (10/13/12 11:45 PM) Reply
I am way behind the times, typical. Thanks for the tip about measuring the yoke. Just bought this and was just going to trust..ahem...the measurements on the envelope, apparently not a great idea! You saved me, thanks so much and your skirt is so cute!
no7262 said... (3/5/10 11:46 AM) Reply
That looks so cute! I don't wear skirts....but I am thinking about this one and the hot patterns slouchy skirt! Nora :)
mystrygirl87 said... (11/15/09 6:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for the entertaining and informative review! Very helpful to know about the sizing. I love the idea of using t-shirts to make this.
JDpenelope said... (10/18/09 5:28 PM) Reply
Karla -- Great review, as expected. (It showed up on the side of the screen while I was researching patterns.) Will I sew anything like this any time soon? Probably not, but I like reading your reviews anyhow. It gets the creative juices flowing, as well as the comedic ones. Thanks for the grins.
CarolynGM said... (8/22/09 8:30 AM) Reply
How on earth did I miss this marvelous review! It's chock full of useful information while being hilarious at the same time. Love your fabric choice.
Lucy in Virginia said... (8/14/09 10:45 AM) Reply
You made this out of a couple of t-shirts??? This is adorable. And I love the pockets.
Lucy in Virginia said... (8/14/09 10:44 AM) Reply

Lucy in Virginia said... (8/14/09 10:43 AM) Reply
glenj said... (7/10/09 12:05 PM) Reply
thanks for the entertainment.BTW skirt looks good enough to wear;)
PegL said... (7/8/09 9:39 AM) Reply
Love your fun review! The info on the skirt pattern is great! I actually have this pattern and some fabric on my cutting table waiting... I'll make note of all your advice! Thanks for saving me a bunch of time and aggravation!
Sewingmi said... (7/7/09 5:10 PM) Reply
I laughed out loud reading your review! You ought to write a book! And the skirt is very cute!
Grammy Gin said... (7/6/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Really cute skirt. Love your review!
Amanda S. said... (7/6/09 10:03 AM) Reply
It's super cute! I love all the modifications you made. I didn't even consider the view with the pockets, but will now.
nicegirl said... (7/6/09 9:32 AM) Reply
Great review and very cute skirt! The coverstitch adds a nice detail and the pockets are too adorable.
Caroleleah said... (7/6/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Oh, Karla, what a delightful way to begin my day!! :) Your reviews are always tremendous fun AND greatly informative! You manage to sneak in some very good tidbits of info while being entertaining with it! :) I have this pattern on the table in "almost up next" status, and will absolutely use your suggested method of sizing regarding tracing the yoke. I can't WAIT to see "MY" size fall to my knees!! Hah! Thanks, Karla - adorable skirt, great review!
Barbara V said... (7/6/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Extremely cute skirt! ...and from Fruit of the Loom men's T-shirt....who woulda thunk?
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/6/09 8:22 AM) Reply
How did I KNOW it was a Karla review as I read down the page... Great result, fab. vision on fabric sources... Love it! PS Lucky Daughter too....
marjenann said... (7/6/09 8:10 AM) Reply
OMG!!! What a clever skirt and cute as can be!! Just the kind of garment a young girl would love!!! Way to go!!
AnneM said... (7/6/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Oh that is adorable. I just love those pockets. The fabric will just extend the season for the skirt; she can get away with wearing it in cooler weather because of the color. Thanks for the sizing advice. As always, love your reviews.
Maychi said... (7/6/09 7:30 AM) Reply
Thank you for a delightful review, I especially enjoyed the pattern sizing part. The skirt is wonderful as well.
BillieJean said... (7/6/09 6:03 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute skirt and delightfully funny review. Thanks so much for sharing.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (7/6/09 5:36 AM) Reply
Karla....lovely skirt! Thanks for the very...comprehensive...review! :) I enjoy your wit as much as I enjoy your sewing !
morzel said... (7/6/09 3:33 AM) Reply
Wonderful skirt, fun and good review!
sew4dasoul said... (7/6/09 1:01 AM) Reply
Thank you for the great review! I have this pattern as well but haven't mustered up the energy to tackle it. Your review will help me out alot! BTW, just like your daughter, I don't like to tuck either : )
Annette1 said... (7/5/09 11:34 PM) Reply
This is REALLY cute, Karla, and I don't think it looks too wintery at all, especially if she puts it with a light-colored top. :o)
Patti B said... (7/5/09 9:39 PM) Reply
I love the skirt and your creative sourcing of fabric. What? You didn't have any fabric at home? hahahaha
barbcl said... (7/5/09 9:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. The skirt is very cute. I can relate to the need for cool clothes in FL during summer, especially when walking the dog! The T-shirt weight is probably just right.
Lori V said... (7/5/09 8:26 PM) Reply
Really cute skirt, can't believe it is made from Hane's tshirts. Thanks for the very funny review, too.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (7/5/09 8:06 PM) Reply
Karla, you are a HOOT!!! I have this pattern!! Sew, thanks for the heads-up about sizing!! Did I tell ya you're a HOOT??!!
Mary Nanna said... (7/5/09 7:56 PM) Reply
very amusing review. The details on this skirt are just gorgeous - I notice you made it in knit, whereas the pattern recommends wovens, that's good to know that it can hold its shape with a knit.
Kay Y said... (7/5/09 7:47 PM) Reply
Brilliant! Both skirt & review.
KitnRose said... (7/5/09 7:30 PM) Reply
The skirt is gorgeous and your review made my day brighter. :) Great work on both! And, assumedly, on your DD who sounds like she's turned out quite well. :)
Christas said... (7/5/09 6:59 PM) Reply
Well, I think I have had my needed giggles for the day! Your review is WONDERFUL! I LOVE the skirt. How extremely creative you are to buy men's knit t-shirts for fabric. I saw on Threadbangers where they made a wedding dress for $10.00 out of men's t-shirts. I like your DD's skirt MUCH better! LOL!
cmarie12 said... (7/5/09 6:41 PM) Reply
Love the review and the skirt! :)
sewtime said... (7/5/09 6:34 PM) Reply
Cute skirt and love the style!!

Favorite Things Mama Mia Pattern

Favorite Things Mama Mia Pattern

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

by: FairLadyOf...