Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2655 (Misses & Miss Petite Skirts)

Reviewed by:Karla Kizer

About Karla Kizerstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:7/5/09 6:22 PM
Last Updated:7/5/09 8:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

ktr2567 said... (10/13/12 11:45 PM) Reply
I am way behind the times, typical. Thanks for the tip about measuring the yoke. Just bought this and was just going to trust..ahem...the measurements on the envelope, apparently not a great idea! You saved me, thanks so much and your skirt is so cute!
no7262 said... (3/5/10 11:46 AM) Reply
That looks so cute! I don't wear skirts....but I am thinking about this one and the hot patterns slouchy skirt! Nora :)
mystrygirl87 said... (11/15/09 6:11 PM) Reply
Thanks for the entertaining and informative review! Very helpful to know about the sizing. I love the idea of using t-shirts to make this.
JDpenelope said... (10/18/09 5:28 PM) Reply
Karla -- Great review, as expected. (It showed up on the side of the screen while I was researching patterns.) Will I sew anything like this any time soon? Probably not, but I like reading your reviews anyhow. It gets the creative juices flowing, as well as the comedic ones. Thanks for the grins.
CarolynGM said... (8/22/09 8:30 AM) Reply
How on earth did I miss this marvelous review! It's chock full of useful information while being hilarious at the same time. Love your fabric choice.
Lucy in Virginia said... (8/14/09 10:45 AM) Reply
You made this out of a couple of t-shirts??? This is adorable. And I love the pockets.
Lucy in Virginia said... (8/14/09 10:44 AM) Reply

Lucy in Virginia said... (8/14/09 10:43 AM) Reply
glenj said... (7/10/09 12:05 PM) Reply
thanks for the entertainment.BTW skirt looks good enough to wear;)
PegL said... (7/8/09 9:39 AM) Reply
Love your fun review! The info on the skirt pattern is great! I actually have this pattern and some fabric on my cutting table waiting... I'll make note of all your advice! Thanks for saving me a bunch of time and aggravation!
Sewingmi said... (7/7/09 5:10 PM) Reply
I laughed out loud reading your review! You ought to write a book! And the skirt is very cute!
Grammy Gin said... (7/6/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Really cute skirt. Love your review!
Amanda S. said... (7/6/09 10:03 AM) Reply
It's super cute! I love all the modifications you made. I didn't even consider the view with the pockets, but will now.
nicegirl said... (7/6/09 9:32 AM) Reply
Great review and very cute skirt! The coverstitch adds a nice detail and the pockets are too adorable.
Caroleleah said... (7/6/09 9:14 AM) Reply
Oh, Karla, what a delightful way to begin my day!! :) Your reviews are always tremendous fun AND greatly informative! You manage to sneak in some very good tidbits of info while being entertaining with it! :) I have this pattern on the table in "almost up next" status, and will absolutely use your suggested method of sizing regarding tracing the yoke. I can't WAIT to see "MY" size fall to my knees!! Hah! Thanks, Karla - adorable skirt, great review!
Barbara V said... (7/6/09 8:59 AM) Reply
Extremely cute skirt! ...and from Fruit of the Loom men's T-shirt....who woulda thunk?
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/6/09 8:22 AM) Reply
How did I KNOW it was a Karla review as I read down the page... Great result, fab. vision on fabric sources... Love it! PS Lucky Daughter too....
marjenann said... (7/6/09 8:10 AM) Reply
OMG!!! What a clever skirt and cute as can be!! Just the kind of garment a young girl would love!!! Way to go!!
AnneM said... (7/6/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Oh that is adorable. I just love those pockets. The fabric will just extend the season for the skirt; she can get away with wearing it in cooler weather because of the color. Thanks for the sizing advice. As always, love your reviews.
Maychi said... (7/6/09 7:30 AM) Reply
Thank you for a delightful review, I especially enjoyed the pattern sizing part. The skirt is wonderful as well.
BillieJean said... (7/6/09 6:03 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute skirt and delightfully funny review. Thanks so much for sharing.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (7/6/09 5:36 AM) Reply
Karla....lovely skirt! Thanks for the very...comprehensive...review! :) I enjoy your wit as much as I enjoy your sewing !
morzel said... (7/6/09 3:33 AM) Reply
Wonderful skirt, fun and good review!
sew4dasoul said... (7/6/09 1:01 AM) Reply
Thank you for the great review! I have this pattern as well but haven't mustered up the energy to tackle it. Your review will help me out alot! BTW, just like your daughter, I don't like to tuck either : )
Annette1 said... (7/5/09 11:34 PM) Reply
This is REALLY cute, Karla, and I don't think it looks too wintery at all, especially if she puts it with a light-colored top. :o)
Patti B said... (7/5/09 9:39 PM) Reply
I love the skirt and your creative sourcing of fabric. What? You didn't have any fabric at home? hahahaha
barbcl said... (7/5/09 9:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. The skirt is very cute. I can relate to the need for cool clothes in FL during summer, especially when walking the dog! The T-shirt weight is probably just right.
Lori V said... (7/5/09 8:26 PM) Reply
Really cute skirt, can't believe it is made from Hane's tshirts. Thanks for the very funny review, too.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (7/5/09 8:06 PM) Reply
Karla, you are a HOOT!!! I have this pattern!! Sew, thanks for the heads-up about sizing!! Did I tell ya you're a HOOT??!!
Mary Nanna said... (7/5/09 7:56 PM) Reply
very amusing review. The details on this skirt are just gorgeous - I notice you made it in knit, whereas the pattern recommends wovens, that's good to know that it can hold its shape with a knit.
Kay Y said... (7/5/09 7:47 PM) Reply
Brilliant! Both skirt & review.
KitnRose said... (7/5/09 7:30 PM) Reply
The skirt is gorgeous and your review made my day brighter. :) Great work on both! And, assumedly, on your DD who sounds like she's turned out quite well. :)
Christas said... (7/5/09 6:59 PM) Reply
Well, I think I have had my needed giggles for the day! Your review is WONDERFUL! I LOVE the skirt. How extremely creative you are to buy men's knit t-shirts for fabric. I saw on Threadbangers where they made a wedding dress for $10.00 out of men's t-shirts. I like your DD's skirt MUCH better! LOL!
cmarie12 said... (7/5/09 6:41 PM) Reply
Love the review and the skirt! :)
sewtime said... (7/5/09 6:34 PM) Reply
Cute skirt and love the style!!

by: Jstarr4250