Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Shirred Bodice Sundress (Shirred Bodice Sundress)

Reviewed by:Kisha

About Kishastar
NJ USA
Member since: 8/13/03
Posted on:7/11/09 5:09 PM
lynda828 said... (7/14/09 5:40 AM) Reply
I love love your dress it looks like a trendy boutique bought dress what a great idea - I will be copying it when it warms up - thanks for the review fantastic
lynda828 said... (7/14/09 5:35 AM) Reply
Kisha said... (7/13/09 5:58 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the compliments. Pharmlyn ... the shoes are cute ... but they're not meant for wearing all day :).
MaddyGranMa said... (7/13/09 5:40 PM) Reply
Oh My Gosh! I skimmed over your review and looked at the photo...went back to the review and then...it dawned on me that you made the shirring yourself! All along I thought that you purchased it that way! Wow! Doing it yourself opens up so many more possibilities in fabric choice! I am going to sew one for my granddaughter right away! Thanks for the inspiration!
pharmlyn said... (7/12/09 1:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress...love the shoes too!!!
Heidi Ho said... (7/12/09 11:42 AM) Reply
What a great dress!! Perfect for work too with the jacket!!
maryfrana said... (7/12/09 10:18 AM) Reply
Wow and wow again. I can't imagine something this fabulous in only 3 hours. Very imaginative so stylish.
Barbara V said... (7/12/09 9:41 AM) Reply
Very cute and clever dress. It looks great on you and coordinates so well with your jacket.
gaginny said... (7/12/09 9:18 AM) Reply
you clever girl you....I have a oiece of Amy Butler border print that I have been at a loss as to what it wants to be......now I know and my granddaughter will love it.....i think.
ryan's mom said... (7/12/09 7:39 AM) Reply
Cute dress!
Valerie S said... (7/12/09 4:51 AM) Reply
very good idea!
Flying Seamstress said... (7/11/09 8:02 PM) Reply
I am so loving your dress! Thank you for the review and tips on shirring the border fabric. What a great idea and FANTASTIC result! :)
Raye Ann said... (7/11/09 7:21 PM) Reply
i love your dress! the fit is very flattering on you and it looks very work appropriate with your styling. i do have this foot as well, and an evolve, too. i have never tried elastic shirring before, but this makes me want to try!
Christas said... (7/11/09 7:13 PM) Reply
Oh so pretty! This looks absolutely wonderful on you!
gdgtmma said... (7/11/09 6:19 PM) Reply
What an adorable dress - love the colors - & very flattering for you.
Sallygirl said... (7/11/09 6:10 PM) Reply
This is so, so cute!
Kisha said... (7/11/09 6:07 PM) Reply

whirrclunk said... (7/11/09 6:05 PM) Reply
Wow! Great dress! And thank you for a really clear review.
touran said... (7/11/09 5:55 PM) Reply
I wouldn't have thought of turning the fabric upside down. Very clever. I like the look of the design on you - I think I'll have to make one. Btw, if I could double v-helpful tag you, I would: for the Bernina foot!!
Gold said... (7/11/09 5:43 PM) Reply
What a great job! Love the dress and fabric print!
Evita said... (7/11/09 5:37 PM) Reply
Lovely! your dress looks like a boutique find!
kkkkaty said... (7/11/09 5:29 PM) Reply
you are adorable!
Karen6790 said... (7/11/09 5:20 PM) Reply
It's even cuter in person. Somehow, I have no border print knits in my stash, but you're making me want to buy some.
LisaLS said... (7/11/09 5:17 PM) Reply
What a great idea to use the border print like that! Love your dress. I never knew a foot like that existed. Now that I see your Bernina one, I know I have a Viking one that'll pretty much do something similar for me.

by: sassykat