Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8496

Posted on:7/13/09 6:59 PM
Last Updated:7/13/09 7:07 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Mini said... (9/23/09 10:05 AM) Reply
Very helpful review - thanks for the warning about the sleeves. I have avoided Vogue patterns in general, because they ALWAYS seem to have sleeve issues, much more so than any other company. But, this pattern looks good on you, and would probably work in lots of different fabrics. P.S. Your review convinced me to get the pattern. It's nice but I had to take 1/2" from the sleeve cap to get rid of the 'pouf'. Maybe we both got a bad version - ha.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/12/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Very nice blouse.
ITAdmin said... (7/15/09 11:09 AM) Reply
Your blouse looks great, but I have sort of sworn off buying Easy and Very Easy Vogue. For some of the reasons you've mentioned. Maybe it's just me, but I've had some issue with nearly every one I've tried. I love most of their designer patterns, but the others not so much. This really does look good, of course, since you made it. But sounds like a lot of trouble?
sewtime said... (7/14/09 7:46 PM) Reply
Love your top!!!
Heatherrique said... (7/14/09 1:59 PM) Reply
Dazzling shirt, Clin! Thanks for a very helpful review!
kim*brown said... (7/14/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Super nice! Looks very RTW! Excellent fit too!
Peggy L said... (7/14/09 7:40 AM) Reply
Great review, Clin. The blouse in that nice print looks like it will be "cool" to wear. Important with the heat we are having down south. The sleeve sounds really odd. Have a great trip. (I also noticed your pretty yard).
marjenann said... (7/14/09 7:13 AM) Reply
If anyone could figure out a sewing glitch it would be you, Clin!!! This blouse looks as classy as you!! By the way, your yard looks like a vacation destination!!! Have a fun trip!! Annette
Patzee said... (7/14/09 0:56 AM) Reply
Your top looks terrific!
renren said... (7/13/09 11:58 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse. It's way past what I would be able to sew, but if I had the skills I would definitely sew it based on your outcome.
Annette1 said... (7/13/09 10:41 PM) Reply
GREAT review, and it's really good to know about that sleeve issue. I have this pattern, too. I should go in there and see if MINE is like that. (Yeah, like I could FIND it if I wanted to.) This looks SO pretty on you -- AND your YARD is so pretty! Have fun on your mini-holiday. :o)
Barbara V said... (7/13/09 8:21 PM) Reply
Pretty blouse. The print is great. Your alterations on the sleeve cap did the trick. Too bad your pattern had this problem. Great job. Have a wonderful mini vacation!

Decades of Style 3009