Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2009-113 (Shorts)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:7/14/09 3:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Marik said... (8/5/09 5:37 PM) Reply
Very very helpful as I am planning to sew this pair of shorts in black linen this week. Thank you Christas !
Lisa Merry said... (7/19/09 0:26 AM) Reply
They look great on you!! I love the length, the fit, and the cuffs - super cute!
Sharonspils said... (7/17/09 0:29 AM) Reply
Great looking shorts. This pattern is on my to-do-list for Summer when it arrives Down Under.
Elaray said... (7/16/09 6:54 AM) Reply
Great shorts. Your legs won't be so blindingly white when you return from vacation!
MelissaB in WA said... (7/15/09 11:37 PM) Reply
You're so adorable!!!! I love your shorts. I only own one pair too and I HATE them (they are RTW). My mom just commented today I needed some sunless tanning lotion because my legs were so white! lol Have a fun trip!
Grammy Gin said... (7/15/09 8:54 PM) Reply
Very nice looking shorts! With or without a tan, you can certainly wear these in public..you are a young girl yet! You make everything you sew seem like it is so easy.....great seamstress!
plgasper said... (7/15/09 10:27 AM) Reply
I think it"s your SMILE that is blinding! P
Patti B said... (7/15/09 10:10 AM) Reply
These are fabulous shorts and just couldn't fit you better -- make more!
Christas said... (7/15/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Sallygirl, you caught a mistake in my review! Thanks so much. You are right, I took SMALLER seams. I have corrected my review to say that I took 3/8 inch seams through the sides. Thanks everyone for the nice comments!
becca a said... (7/15/09 9:33 AM) Reply
These are great shorts! Wear them a couple of times to the lake and you'll have tanned legs. My legs are aspirin white too.
Sallygirl said... (7/15/09 9:30 AM) Reply
Very, very cute! I'm curious why the larger seams with thicker fabric (I'm asking should I ever encounter this in my own sewing -- I probably would have thought I should do the opposite -- smaller seams for thicker fabric). Those fit you just perfectly!
emailtk said... (7/15/09 9:10 AM) Reply
Love them!!! I need a pair of denim shorts. These are perfect!!!
Passion4Sewing said... (7/15/09 7:35 AM) Reply
They look great! And no paint!
Karla Kizer said... (7/15/09 7:11 AM) Reply
Perfect. I can sympathize with the "shorter than you usually wear" feeling, but really, they are flattering and decent. Hang on to that pattern.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (7/15/09 7:05 AM) Reply
These are just terrific! ...and I think there is a law that forbids a woman who's had 9 children to look as good as you do :)
kerrynw said... (7/15/09 2:12 AM) Reply
I love your shorts, they are a perfect fit and so well sewn!
Annette1 said... (7/14/09 10:50 PM) Reply
I just think these are SO cute, and you can DEFINITELY wear ANY LENGTH shorts you WANT. WHO wears short shorts? WE wear short shorts! Okay, YOU wear short shorts, but you SHOULD. :o) I can't wait to see the next pair. ARE YOU DONE YET? I think Meggie is on the verge of finishing FOUR MORE PAIR. Maybe Bernard needs some short shorts for down at the shop. STRIPED ones. Heh-heh-heh.
Mahler said... (7/14/09 10:23 PM) Reply
Ok you convinced me, I want a pair. I fully support untanned legs as I have a pair of those too. Better for avoiding cancer. As for your look !!!!!! It is wonderful. I love those on you !!!
meli88a said... (7/14/09 9:54 PM) Reply
these look great. They're on my list to sew and seeing yours is inspiration to get to them!
sewingmel said... (7/14/09 7:45 PM) Reply
They look great! I do like this pattern, too. I only have the waistband left on mine. Maybe, I should finish them tonight!
Christas said... (7/14/09 7:02 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Yes, Peggy, this is some more of that fabulous denim from Annette! Hmmmm.... don't you have a bit of that denim also?!
Peggy L said... (7/14/09 6:54 PM) Reply
These are perfect for the lake! They look really cute on you. BTW, is this "the denim"??
Barbara V said... (7/14/09 6:39 PM) Reply
These are really cute and look great on you or I should say you look great in them! Power to "White Legs" Take plenty of suntan lotion. Have a fun vacation.
Heidi Ho said... (7/14/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Those shorts look great!!! I think they look nice on you short. I just traced that pattern off (I mean I literally just finished) and hope they turn out as nice as yours!!
j222b said... (7/14/09 5:10 PM) Reply
Nice shorts. I thought white legs were becoming more fashionable now that we know how harmful the rays of the sun can be. Be proud of your “white” legs! You are a good “white leg” role model for other women and your kids, too (especially girls)!
21wale said... (7/14/09 4:57 PM) Reply
Love them!
Keiler said... (7/14/09 4:45 PM) Reply
They look perfect!
Catbird said... (7/14/09 4:32 PM) Reply
These look GREAT on you! The fit is absolutely perfect and I really think the length is flattering. Longer would be good, too, but you don't need to, because they look so nice as is. You made me laugh about those legs. The other day I was thinking, why don't I wear some of my nice summer skirts? Then I looked at myself in the mirror and knew why -- I can't inflict my skinny white legs upon the world! These are fantastic, and it looks like this could be a TNT pattern for any length pant for you!
sewbehind said... (7/14/09 4:30 PM) Reply
Very cute shorts, Christas. I'm sure there will be a bit of colour by the end of the vacation.
Opals Passions said... (7/14/09 4:26 PM) Reply
I love your shorts... they look cute on you....
leeannz said... (7/14/09 4:25 PM) Reply
they look great on you! I love the colorful waistband too
pterion said... (7/14/09 4:16 PM) Reply
Your legs look as white as my legs - and you are adorable in these shorts. Don't change a thing!

SewBaby Poncho Pizazz Pattern