Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3108 (Panel skirts w/ godets)

Viewed 2000 times
Reviewed by:SewingSusan

About SewingSusanstar
KY USA
Member since: 2/2/03
Posted on:1/12/04 2:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts

Diane E said... (2/7/04 10:47 AM) Reply
Susan, this is an absolutely lovely skirt (your shoes are pretty and so ladylike, too). I know what you mean about the waist being too big, or whatever, because I just made the Loes Hinse gore skirt and it's too long and I'm going to have to pick out the waist to shorten it..... signed yours, sisters in unpicking.....
SouthernStitch said... (1/13/04 3:18 PM) Reply
Oh I didn't realize KS had a godet skirt pattern. I love these, but am scared of sewing the godets. With KS though it shouldnt be too hard.
SewingSusan said... (1/13/04 3:14 PM) Reply
I have remade the waist with new elastic and here's the skirt now that it fits. Sorry about the bad photo...didn't realize all those fingerprints were on the hall mirror!
SewingSusan said... (1/13/04 6:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for the compliments! I decided to go with the wool after seeing a similar skirt pictured in the new Sew News magazine, it appears to be wool and draped nicely. Linda L, I would consider it to be between a light to midweight wool. I did have to use my walking foot to sew the seams before I overcast them. The wool was 'creeping' on me without it.
Tini said... (1/13/04 3:33 AM) Reply
very pretty!
Irene said... (1/12/04 8:29 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt! The pattern calls for light to medium weight fabrics, so I wondered how this would turn out in wool or something similar with a little heft. No more hesitation!
Elaine Penney said... (1/12/04 8:27 PM) Reply
I LOVE your camel color! I have made this skirt in a wonderful, drapey rayon and love it. I discovered stitch through elastic a couple of years ago at a sewing expo and now use it exclusively on all my elastic waist garments. It is attached using your method and recovers beautifully.
GorgeousFabrics said... (1/12/04 8:08 PM) Reply
Susan, what a pretty skirt. Nice job!
Danvillegirl said... (1/12/04 7:02 PM) Reply
Nice skirt and love the color of the wool fabric. It appears to drape fairly well, so I assume this is a rather light weight wool? KMangun, nice suggestion on drawstring. I may need to do that on a skirt I have and would never have thought of that.
jlg said... (1/12/04 6:59 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. Thanks for the review.
Jennie Pakula said... (1/12/04 4:25 PM) Reply
Nice job - it's a great pattern. I made a longer version of the 10-panel skirt a few months ago (will review soon) and it's gorgeous - hangs beautifully. I'm planning to make view C or D soon in a summery fabric.
KMangum said... (1/12/04 4:14 PM) Reply
If the waist is just a tad too big, try running a DRAWSTRING thru the waistband. You'll have to open the CF seam a little on the inside of the waistband; run your drawstring thru, and use it to take up that 2".
MaryBeth said... (1/12/04 2:56 PM) Reply
Love this wool skirt. If you fix that waist you'll be sooo glad you did all that extra work: this is a beautiful garment.
cindyann said... (1/12/04 2:38 PM) Reply
Very pretty Susan. I love the color of your wool fabric.

Understanding Knit Fabrics