Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 810 (OOP - Racer Back Swimsuit)

Reviewed by:redsquid

About redsquidstarstar
Member since: 1/23/06
Posted on:7/29/09 7:21 PM
Last Updated:7/29/09 7:27 PM
Nancywin said... (7/31/09 6:20 AM) Reply
Excellent review. I have yet to make my swimsuit that I had planned for this summer. I would love to see some pictures of the serging of the elastic.
o3b said... (7/31/09 2:25 AM) Reply
Thanks for including the pattern photo. I hope I will be as lucky as you to find this pattern. I'd like to change the back straps to be like a RTW that I have, and this pattern is the closest I've seen. I like the princess lines of it, too. Your review brings back memories of swim team in the late 70's/early 80's - we used to order our team suits by the torso length you've described. Your review is sooo thorough. I'll be interested to see your French trimmed suit - and what you do with the back sides!
DaisyEsq said... (7/30/09 9:34 PM) Reply
Fantastic review! The swimsuit looks great.
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/30/09 8:35 AM) Reply
Very Pro looking on that strap stitching! You really learned fast! Very impressed here.... thanks too for the eBay seller info my favorite store for shopping in my jammies.
Kayseri said... (7/30/09 5:59 AM) Reply
It sounds like this was one of those projects that you you have to keep thinking the whole way through. Good looking result though, and your 2nd suit should be terrific.
Carolyn C said... (7/30/09 2:40 AM) Reply
Your thorough review is full of useful information. Wow, it's a master class on this pattern.
Flying Seamstress said... (7/29/09 11:26 PM) Reply
Love your swimsuit and you've done a great review!
Elke said... (7/29/09 8:56 PM) Reply
Great looking suit and thanks for the review!
puddypaws said... (7/29/09 8:28 PM) Reply
What a wonderful job you did! I especially like the fabric.
Gelbean said... (7/29/09 7:40 PM) Reply
Lovely swimsuit. I have an RTW tankini made of the same fabric.