Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1098 (MISSES' JACKET AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:redsquid

About redsquidstarstar
Member since: 1/23/06
Posted on:8/4/09 10:42 AM
Last Updated:8/10/09 9:40 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants
taylormade said... (7/17/11 8:19 AM) Reply
This is such a beautiful jacket. Thanks for the review and the ideas for embellishment. The jacket hangs beautifully on you, and I can see how you'll get a lot of wear out of it. Did you line it?
loti said... (10/12/09 1:44 PM) Reply
I think I have a project I would like to do something similar to. What kind of fusible web did you use for this project?
Nancywin said... (10/7/09 10:00 AM) Reply
This is absolutely beautiful. I've been wanting to try this technique ever since I read about it on her website. I have the purse pattern that explains it, but your picture log is very helpful. Thanks so much. I also have this jacket pattern and now I am more inspired to make it. Very nice.
trintje said... (9/12/09 9:26 PM) Reply
This is beautiful. I wish I could vote for your jacket in the embellishment contest.
CarolynGM said... (9/8/09 3:18 PM) Reply
Beautifully and tastefully done.
kellymailinglist said... (9/8/09 2:01 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and great work -- I especially appreciate the clear photos and descriptions. When I went to vote for your entry in the embellishment contest, it said you weren't eligible since you'd won another contest in the last six months. Obviously, you're quite an accomplished sewer!
loti said... (8/23/09 8:01 AM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket, very inspirational.
cactusflower said... (8/21/09 5:24 PM) Reply
Great job and very inspiring results! It turned out fantastic! Now I want to buy this pattern, too.
Rebecca D said... (8/11/09 7:17 AM) Reply
Great jacket and thanks for the very helpful review.
Beek said... (8/10/09 5:20 PM) Reply
Great jacket. I have this pattern and you've inspired me to give it a whirl!
Elke said... (8/10/09 2:52 PM) Reply
Great looking jacket!
Kay Y said... (8/10/09 2:32 PM) Reply
I love this!
Clareew said... (8/10/09 2:22 PM) Reply
Excellent review and a great jacket, inspiring.
Mary M. Mohr said... (8/10/09 12:59 PM) Reply
I'm afraid I am going to have to copy you on this. Lovely embellishment, but not over the top. The pattern lends itself perfectly now that you've shown the way. Marcy will be impressed. You must send her a picture.
AdaF said... (8/10/09 12:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for the pictures and a very nice review. Good job!
cabinbaby said... (8/10/09 10:33 AM) Reply
Wow! That is so cool.
Nancy K said... (8/10/09 9:59 AM) Reply
Great jacket. It looks wonderful on you.
Oceanpeg said... (8/10/09 6:19 AM) Reply
Really looks great. Interesting technique.
Rhonda Noah said... (8/6/09 8:27 PM) Reply
great jacket, very chic and the embellishments really guarantee it's a one of a kind piece!
SueV said... (8/4/09 1:07 PM) Reply
what a great idea for this jacket. I too took that class with MT (San Diego?) and made some purses, but dah! never thought that I could do this to a jacket. Very nice! thanks for the review
carnelian said... (8/4/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Shapely and luminous in your fabric. Your embellishments were inspired. I wonder how the styling is assigned at Vogue Patterns. Such a consistant tragi-comedy of errors over the years.
carnelian said... (8/4/09 1:07 PM) Reply
persevering said... (8/4/09 11:12 AM) Reply
How artistic! Appreciating you giving pertinent measurements and other details - Looking forward to seeing your end results.

Understanding Wool Fabrics