Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8469 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:graustark

About graustarkstar
TX USA
Member since: 9/7/08
Posted on:8/4/09 11:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
celkalee said... (8/12/09 8:39 AM) Reply
you have a great "Hepburn-esque" look going on there...love the dress. Would love to see it in a dupioni silk. It would likely need a light underlining, but well done! Love the dog, turtle not so much:)
graustark said... (8/6/09 5:28 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind compliments! beth5646 -- I'm actually in Houston ... wish it was Austin! ggf2005 -- Yep, these photos were taken at Ervin Chew Park on Dunlavy near Richmond Ave. I'm amazed that you could guess the location!
Anniinbc said... (8/5/09 11:35 PM) Reply
So cute - the dress gives you an Audrey Hepburn vibe with a modern twist.
Catbird said... (8/5/09 8:07 PM) Reply
I really like your approach to sewing and style. The details that you choose always seem to hit the mark perfectly, like the binding on the sash for definition. It's a wonderful, breezy, retro summer dress and it suits you very well!
Sewingmolly said... (8/5/09 6:16 PM) Reply
Love the dress. It's a little sweet, but in a cool vintage way.
CynthiaSue said... (8/5/09 3:27 PM) Reply
cute. you look all vintage!
carolynw said... (8/5/09 2:51 PM) Reply
Very pretty - looks super on you
ggf2005 said... (8/5/09 1:42 PM) Reply
great job. the tucks are really fashion forward, check out what's in the stores and pattern catalogues. a side comment my first impression was that you were somewhere in the Montrose area, i don't live in Houston anymore but your picture struck a familar cord with me.
barbcl said... (8/5/09 1:37 PM) Reply

barbcl said... (8/5/09 1:36 PM) Reply
Your adorable casual dress looks great. Love it , and I will definitely get this pattern after seeing your dress!
vivianna said... (8/5/09 1:15 PM) Reply
I love your dress!
Secretsugar said... (8/5/09 12:02 PM) Reply
It doesn't strike me as too sweet at all, but maybe that's just me. I like the purple contrast at the sash--that helps de-sweeten it a bit, I think. Either way, you've convinced me that I really do need to try this pattern. I've been thinking about it for awhile, and your version looks very flattering!
Hilary said... (8/5/09 11:55 AM) Reply
Love your dress! It looks really cute on you (your dog is adorable, too!).
Nan Kay said... (8/5/09 10:41 AM) Reply
Looks great on you, we all need something sweet once in a while!
cindyann said... (8/5/09 9:34 AM) Reply
Perfect for you! I adore this dress.
marthamyers said... (8/5/09 8:39 AM) Reply
Great save! It looks charming on you.
Lili123 said... (8/5/09 7:38 AM) Reply
your dress is super nice, i really love the adding of bias , it fits you very well, you've done a fantastic job!!!
SpinningJenny said... (8/5/09 7:09 AM) Reply
Looks cute, cool and comfortable on you. Great job on the neckline, and pretty fabric. Thanks for the fun, and helpful, review and photos.
beth5646 said... (8/5/09 6:27 AM) Reply
I love your dress. You did a great job on it. Looks like to me you are a perfectionist. I checked out your other reviews and I really like all the things you have made, the dresses and tops look great on you. Love that vintage style. Pup is mighty cute too. Just one question----are you in Austin?
mm said... (8/5/09 3:10 AM) Reply
Great dress'
Twinset said... (8/5/09 2:00 AM) Reply
Cute dress! Looks really nice on you!
beth5646 said... (8/5/09 1:54 AM) Reply
lyrae said... (8/5/09 1:50 AM) Reply
That is really, really cute, and it looks great on you! Suddenly I want this pattern.

No Pattern Used curtains