Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2603 (Misses Knit Top and Cardi-Wrap)

Reviewed by:Christina Sonja

About Christina Sonjastarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/2/06

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:8/11/09 1:13 AM
Last Updated:8/11/09 1:23 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
Joanne624 said... (4/1/10 7:28 PM) Reply
Looks great on you - and so versatile!
JDpenelope said... (9/5/09 10:01 AM) Reply
Your versions are terrific. Thanks for the photos. Hope mine turns out this good. Glad you inspired the sew along.
Christina Sonja said... (8/21/09 10:31 AM) Reply
katie lynne - I hope the raw edge holds okay. It probably depends on the fabric. This fabric, I think, may develop some slight fuzziness at the raw edges after a few washings... that's just my guess. We'll see!
madhatter said... (8/20/09 6:17 AM) Reply
I wouldn't have looked at the pattern twice, but your version made me want one, too! Unfortunately it seems it's not available over here, so I will have to live without it. Anyhow - LOVE your version. It's so versatile and it suits you perfectly!
katie lynne said... (8/17/09 5:57 PM) Reply
This garment is absolutely fabulous on you! Donna and Vera should see you. I appreciate all the helpful links and extra pictures. Gotta question: I know hemming isn't needed, but how does the 'raw' edge wear? Do you think it will withstand all the rubbing which will certainly happen since there will be a lot of tying/untying? Super review!
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/13/09 10:39 AM) Reply
Love, Love it. I have this pattern and will definitely sew it up. Thanks for the video.
calminatrix said... (8/12/09 6:53 PM) Reply
ur rockin it babe!
EleanorSews said... (8/12/09 12:16 PM) Reply
Your links are wonderful! You look so smart in all variations. I'm a believer and will be buying this pattern when Simplicity goes on sale next week-end. The jacket and top would be perfect theater wear, especially with a matching skirt (monochromatic works well for me).
Peggy L said... (8/12/09 11:19 AM) Reply
This looks great on you!
sewbehind said... (8/11/09 10:28 PM) Reply
That looks like a very versatile piece of clothing. Thanks for the review. Yours looks great.
Sue Anfang said... (8/11/09 10:17 PM) Reply
Lovely - I have the pattern, and yours turned out great!
nellc said... (8/11/09 4:36 PM) Reply
Great cardigan, I am part way through making this at the moment so seeing yours is great incentive to get it finished!
amy in mpls said... (8/11/09 1:25 PM) Reply
Check you out! Cute cozy, and thanks for the 12 ways info. I had no idea! Ive been anxious to make a BWOF version, but just havent gotten around to it. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
amy in mpls said... (8/11/09 1:25 PM) Reply
cabinbaby said... (8/11/09 11:38 AM) Reply
Wow! I love this. I may have to make one too. :)
Deb Thompson said... (8/11/09 11:09 AM) Reply
I'm SO running out today and buying this pattern and some nice drapy lycra/knit! I love your cozy and want one just like it!! bravo!
CynthiaSue said... (8/11/09 10:44 AM) Reply
fashion forward as always-love the grey.
frame said... (8/11/09 10:33 AM) Reply
This pattern just went on my list. Thanks for the review and the link to the video.
MaryDB said... (8/11/09 10:05 AM) Reply
Love this! Nice job, thanks for the review.
DorothyK said... (8/11/09 9:07 AM) Reply
This pattern is a real winner. I want one in every color! You did a great job. Thanks for the review, and bringing this pattern to my attention.
Kim12469 said... (8/11/09 8:43 AM) Reply
This is next on my cutting table. Yours is so cute!
Lori V said... (8/11/09 7:52 AM) Reply
Great cardigan and so versatile.
Rebecca D said... (8/11/09 7:06 AM) Reply
I love your version. And thanks for the video link, amazing. I especially love the versions using a bangle bracelet. Next Simplicity sale and this one's coming on home.
Deepika said... (8/11/09 6:43 AM) Reply
Christina, I love it! Your version inspired me to make my own cozy. I need to find the perfect fabric now.
Mel.J said... (8/11/09 5:59 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, yours looks fab on you. I have a RTW cardigan like this & would love to make one in a different colour. This would be just right.
jilly cooper said... (8/11/09 4:10 AM) Reply
beautiful colour. looks very nice on you
michellep74 said... (8/11/09 2:33 AM) Reply
I've made this but haven't reviewed it yet. I used the same fabric (in a different color), and I love mine, too. I love how yours looks!
Gelbean said... (8/11/09 1:47 AM) Reply
Wow! Great cardi! You have inspired me to buy this pattern. Thanks for the review.

by: French.Sea...