Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6317 (evening dress (OOP))

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Sewing skills:Beginner

Posted on:11/21/05 7:17 AM
Last Updated:1/18/04 4:42 PM

Franksdottir said... (11/3/11 4:20 AM) Reply
She looks lovely, and the dress is such a beautiful color. I am sure she was very pleased.
leavesongrass said... (5/20/04 3:44 AM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed review of an elegant vintage dress! I had an original vintage dress that was very similar, made out of black velvet. The weight of the fabric made for a wonderful swishing effect and it certainly made me feel special back then! I am going to search for this pattern now! ;-)
KathleenS said... (1/26/04 1:12 AM) Reply
Great work, and such a lovely colour for a winter event. I hope your daughter was grateful :)
Motorposus said... (1/19/04 9:14 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for reviewing a vintage pattern, especially one made up to such lovely effect. Maybe your review will inspire the rest of us with stashes of old patterns to take a crack at them...anyone?
Sew it seams said... (1/19/04 8:54 AM) Reply
drsue, I just love this vintage pattern. Your DD looks so lovely. Even with all the challanges you described, you did a wonderful job. I love the look of a hand picked zipper, and I think they are easier to finish than by machine, on many fabrics. My 16yo DD's school has a winter ball in Feb. and I almost feel like making a dress for her right now,(just in case), so I won't be doing what you did, with only 2 weeks time!!
SewingSusan said... (1/19/04 7:48 AM) Reply
Lovely...and perfect with your ribbon bag! Your review brought back good memories for me. My mother always made incredible dresses for my formals. I remember once bringing her a photo of Lady Diana in an elaborate ruffled, boned tea length gown. She pulled it off and I felt like a princess in my dress. This is why I started sewing ( I have three daughters).
JDpenelope said... (1/18/04 9:33 PM) Reply
All you trouble paid off well! Are there any teenage daughters that aren't recalcitrant? Did the dress transform her, if only for awhile?
LindaB said... (1/18/04 5:22 PM) Reply
Very elegant ! Your daughter looks wonderful.
CatherineN said... (1/18/04 5:00 PM) Reply
This is an attractive dress! The simple lines, graceful neckline and pretty fabric look lovely on your DD.

by: catintheha...

SewBaby Sleeve Saver Smock Pattern

SewBaby Sleeve Saver Smock Pattern

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

by: JustineSew...