Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3966 (Jumper)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

Last Updated:1/20/04 6:45 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
SewingSusan said... (1/24/04 4:19 PM) Reply
I like the longer length. I tried to get started on my jumper today with my green fabric I had purchased for it. You are so right about the listed yardage being incorrect. I am short at least a yard and the fabric is long gone from the fabric store. Thanks for the heads up.
moushka said... (1/22/04 7:07 AM) Reply
Super review - what a lovely pattern!Your fabric is perfect.f You're really sewing up a storm.
MaryBeth said... (1/21/04 9:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for all your nice comments. I wonder if it should be hemmed a bit shorter but on the other hand it is such fun to walk with all this swinging fabric.
Skymom said... (1/21/04 1:27 PM) Reply
I like that jumper! Very flattering silhouette, and it looks comfortable to wear, too.
Sew it seams said... (1/21/04 8:56 AM) Reply
MaryBeth, your jumper looks great on you. It *is* a perfect fit! It looks so comfortable, too.
SewingSusan said... (1/21/04 8:37 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for this review. I have this pattern and some green material I was planning on using for it. I'm inspired to get going on it...your jumper looks wonderful!
jlg said... (1/21/04 5:55 AM) Reply
Mary Beth your jumper looks great on you. Nice job.
eodwif said... (1/20/04 11:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful jumper and excellent review, thanks so much!
CatherineN said... (1/20/04 11:01 PM) Reply
Good to see the picture. This looks very easy to wear as well as being attractive.
said... (1/20/04 8:14 PM) Reply
MaryBeth, very nice! And almost no difference compared to PMB? Lucky you.
Danvillegirl said... (1/20/04 7:10 PM) Reply
This jumper looks very good on you. It's nice when you make a muslin and it turns out well enough to wear anywhere. Very helpful review. I have not sewn Butterick patterns in several years, were a favorite of mine.
Melissa S. said... (1/20/04 5:23 PM) Reply
I'm glad this pattern worked out so well for you. I have had my eye on it also.
Irene said... (1/20/04 1:15 PM) Reply
Everytime Butterick patterns are on sale, I'm drawn to this one but wondered how it would really turn out. Thank you for a thorough and descriptive review!
Georgene said... (1/20/04 11:03 AM) Reply
MaryBeth, sounds wonderful, even without the photo up yet, I can picture this well. Testament to another great review!
SouthernStitch said... (1/20/04 10:52 AM) Reply
Great review, thanks for all the info on what are good fabrics for it. Can't wait to see the finished jumper. Another pattern added to the wish list. If it is a good style for you, I am sure it would be on me too!

by: lamstu

Christine Jonson BaseWear Two - Straight Skirt, Taper Skirt, & Top with Options

Christine Jonson BaseWear Two - Straight Skirt, Taper Skirt, & Top with Options

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)