Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2009-107 (Boat Neck Pleated Dress)

Reviewed by:Primatoidefutile

About Primatoidefutilestar
FRANCE
Member since: 1/19/08
Posted on:9/9/09 6:26 AM

Birgitte said... (1/5/10 1:58 AM) Reply
You on the beach in that dress is just fantastic. Casual, chic, free as a bird. Since I can't have the beach I'll settle for the dress- must make!!! Thank you!
Primatoidefutile said... (9/13/09 6:18 AM) Reply
magoe6217, this is the beach of St Nazaire, where the Loire reaches the sea. It looks good, but is almost completely covered with alluvial mud from the river. I am not a big fan of regular sandy beaches, but to sink to the ankle by surprise was a bit much, even for me.
jkaori said... (9/12/09 11:21 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great on you! I like it in the linen fabric you chose.
magoe6217 said... (9/10/09 4:39 PM) Reply
The rolled up sleeve version of this dress looks adorable on you and to my eye very modern with the great belt you used. Fabulous photo also. That rocky coast is gorgeous. Where is it?
nellc said... (9/9/09 6:02 PM) Reply
Great looking dress!
Knitters Delight said... (9/9/09 3:56 PM) Reply
That looks amazing on you!
Primatoidefutile said... (9/9/09 2:25 PM) Reply
Thank you very much for you kind comments. Donna Mel, I unfortunately can assure you that in the mirror, it does look eighties... I found the sleeves to be a bit long when they are worn down, but I made a narrow hem without reading the instructions, so maybe this was not what was called for. Cidell, well, I don't understand the medieval either (neither the shape, nor the pleats, nor the color...). But two made the comment independently...
MissCelie said... (9/9/09 9:33 AM) Reply
LOL at the medieval. I love this dress and made it just about the same. But, you're right. No belt and it's no good.
dbsewer said... (9/9/09 8:22 AM) Reply
This dress looks nice on you. Very chic. Love the fabric.
Kim12469 said... (9/9/09 8:00 AM) Reply
I love this dress on you. I made a muslin and it looked horrible on me but I wasn't surprised. Great dress!
donna mel said... (9/9/09 7:51 AM) Reply
i thought this dress looked 80's in the magazine, but not on you. i am glad to see what the sleeves looked rolled down. if i make it i would shorten them, as rolling can be a pain. i especially LOVE your fabric. dying the blue was a great idea.

Pattern Work