Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2009-128 (Narrow Pants)

Reviewed by:Nata

About Natastar
Member since: 8/20/02
Posted on:9/3/09 9:47 PM
Last Updated:9/3/09 10:03 PM
Pattern Size:Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
jannw said... (9/8/09 11:37 PM) Reply
I really like your idea of a mock fly front..looks great..thanx for the instructions
TamaraK said... (9/5/09 0:46 AM) Reply
They look great! Thank you so much for such a great review and how you changed the pattern to work for you.
ClaireF in CA said... (9/4/09 1:42 AM) Reply
Looks great with the wider leg! :)
marec said... (9/4/09 0:32 AM) Reply
Oh, they're great! I'll bet they will feel so comfortable. I have a pair of Patagonia wind pants with elastic on the bottom. I used to wear those to work with the elastic turned under. the invisible zippers are a wonderful detail.
Nata said... (8/27/09 10:44 AM) Reply
Thank you everybody. I am going with a wider leg. It was wishful thinking on my part to think that short and plumpy me can look as nice as the tall and skinny model. I have a pair of leggings to wear under skirts and longer tops. These pants will be more conservative.
sewmom3 said... (8/27/09 10:34 AM) Reply
Another vote for the left leg. Much more flattering fit.
Fran G said... (8/27/09 8:34 AM) Reply
I like your left
Bunsnpigs said... (8/27/09 7:50 AM) Reply
Yup. I agree with everyone else. The left leg doesn't accentuate a wider hip. The model, of course, is skinny as a rail and it almost looks like it is a wider leg on her. Good catch on your part.
Woolygal said... (8/27/09 7:16 AM) Reply
Your left leg - much smoother.
maggy said... (8/27/09 7:16 AM) Reply
The left leg is definely the better one! If you like the top of the pants, next time reshape the legs and make them as wide as you like. Good luck!
CrescentaLuna said... (8/26/09 10:43 PM) Reply
Oh Nata that's hard -- The wider leg looks "better" in some ways, but it loses the fashion look of the narrower leg. I personally wouldn't wear super-skinny stretch pants with tucked-in shirts - I'm insecure about the thighs! but I would go for it with a longer jacket. I think most people will vote for the wider leg, as it makes a more flattering photo, but the trade-off is that it doesn't look as fashion-forward. "Fashionable" looks are often not the most "flattering".
Christina W said... (8/26/09 8:12 PM) Reply
Those pants really fit you well. I agree - the left leg skims your body nicely. Great job - yours are better than the magazine photo.
GlobalMom said... (8/26/09 2:39 PM) Reply
Looks like the left leg fits best...
Second Avenue said... (8/26/09 1:10 PM) Reply
Hi Nata, I vote for the wider leg - it has a very sleek look on you. Very nice! Regards, Second Avenue
Markie1 said... (8/26/09 12:36 PM) Reply
I think I like your left side-the one on your watch side (I am r/l challenged!) I think it hangs nicely and flatters your legs. How does that leg fit through the thigh? Can you afford to take that in a smidge and let the "release" come after the widest point of the thigh? That might help preserve the "stovepipe" effect of narrow pants. Am I at all clear?

The Technique of Underlining Garments