Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3694 ( Misses Built By Wendy Hoody)

Reviewed by:Kim12469

About Kim12469starstarstar
Member since: 3/27/08
Posted on:8/30/09 8:11 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

lyndle said... (8/8/14 6:17 AM) Reply
I hope you still have this, because if so you should get it out and wear it. It looks great (and the pattern placement is excellent, by the way). This is a nice looking casual jacket that's smart and unique because of the fabric.
Kim12469 said... (9/12/09 8:27 AM) Reply
Like I said in my last comment I double and triple checked that it's even. If there was something wrong with it I could fix it, but there isn't. I don't find these comments constructive IMO. I know I have a large chest and it makes clothes hang different on me. I chose not to do an FBA on this loose fitting jacket. I've measured the front and back pieces, I've hung it on a hanger, I've laid it flat, I've compared it to the pattern pieces, and it's even! The camera is lower than I am and it therefore shows the fact the the jacket sticks out a bit in the front because of my bust and you can see the shirt below.
dollieo said... (9/11/09 9:01 AM) Reply
I totally agree with Aunt Gail, It doesn't seem to hang properly.
Kim12469 said... (9/1/09 8:20 AM) Reply
It's quite even thank you. It's the angle of the camera, my posture and the fact I have a 34G chest and a 32 inch waist that make it stick out a bit. I was not doing an FBA on an oversized raglan sleeve jacket!
Aunt Gail said... (9/1/09 6:30 AM) Reply
great material...and you certainly did a nice job of sewing it. However, it just looks rather short in the front...not just because of the hood - which I think we all agree needs to be larger. But it just seems short in the front. Sigh...great material choice also!
Barbara V said... (8/31/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket and beautiful fabric. I hope you wear it much inspite of your disappointment with the hood. I have made this twice. The first with the original hood size; the second now recently with a larger extended hood. While I don't mind the smaller hood I must have intuitively realized a larger one would be more useful. I hope to post it soon.
RLL said... (8/31/09 12:15 PM) Reply
Love the fabric...sorry about the hood.
craftygamma said... (8/31/09 7:58 AM) Reply
Great jacket, and the hood does look pretty just laying on your back. I have found that hoods can be wierd even on RTW.
squirrellypoo said... (8/31/09 5:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review, especially about the hood! I'm so picky with hood that I actually drafted my own "perfect hood" a while back and just have it hanging up next to my "perfect inseam pocket" pattern piece! And I've got this pattern in my stash, too, so I'll be sure to make a note to use mine.
sewbehind said... (8/30/09 11:27 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric for your hoodie. Well worth stalking the fabric!
moonchild61 said... (8/30/09 9:44 PM) Reply
Despite the hood, I think this is a cute jacket. Your seams are so clean.

Candice Paper Pattern

Candice Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

StyleArc Amy Knit Top