Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5002 (Women's Top, Dress, and Pants)

Reviewed by:wvsher

About wvsherstar
Member since: 3/21/06
Posted on:9/3/09 10:35 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants
paulakiss said... (3/4/10 0:30 AM) Reply
Thanks for posting this review. Very well written. I can't believe that cute top was once sheets! It looks adorable on you. I'm an "experienced" beginner and I'm going to make this for the Beginner Sewing Lab 101 class I'm taking right now. Your review was really helpful! I was nervous about the zipper; glad to know I can omit that if I want. Thanks!
RLL said... (9/4/09 2:34 PM) Reply
Nice job on the muslin. Get the good fabric now and you are on your way to a great top/dress. I too am plus size and fitting is always the challenge.
wvsher said... (9/4/09 11:23 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! I forgot to mention, there is a lot of slip-stitching on the bands of this pattern. So although it is not a difficult pattern, it can be time-consuming with all the hand sewing. I did a little of the slipstitching just for practice, then edge-stitched the bands instead since this is a pj top. When I sew one to wear out I will take the time to do the slip-stitching, because it does look nicer and more professional with no stitching showing on the bands.
Woolygal said... (9/4/09 8:44 AM) Reply
I agree - in the proper fabric, this would be a knockout on you.
Tall Mary said... (9/4/09 1:26 AM) Reply
Pretty style on you. The print's colors are flattering with your skin tones. I am plus-sized and I so appreciate seeing reviews from the plus-sized community.
ClaireF in CA said... (9/4/09 0:40 AM) Reply
No one would guess you made this top out of a sheet and a pillowcase! Great recycling with terrific results! It looks very retro and hippie - great top!

by: LM2HYD