Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6735 (Misses Knit Cardigan Tops Pant)

Reviewed by:racehorse

Posted on:9/7/09 8:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts
knitsewmuch said... (3/6/13 7:15 PM) Reply
You look great. Lovely fabric and perfect fit.
CindieSue said... (9/14/09 10:36 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern today. This will be my first sewing project on my own! You are giving me a lot of confidence!!!
homejewel said... (9/8/09 3:19 PM) Reply
Nope!! Not at all. Be sure to check out Heidiho's patterns. I stalk her too (and she knows it). LOL Oh, but keep in mind I have small bust issues and broad back. I, too, have a long inseam - probably 38 in!
racehorse said... (9/8/09 1:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting that link. That is so helpful! I couldn't for the life of me understand what I was supposed to be doing, now it's completely obvious! Now I'll know for the next time I make this! Thanks so much! Incidentally, since you are so tall, I have sort of been stalking you to see what patterns you use. Hope you don't mind lol.
homejewel said... (9/8/09 12:46 PM) Reply
No, I didn't sew anything by hand. After sewing the ends together and folding the binding lengthwise (with wrong sides together), I machine sewed 3/8-in seams with raw edges of neckline to raw edges of binding. It helps if you divide both the neckline and binding in fours and match up those four places. The binding will be smaller than the neckline, so you stretch as you sew to make it even. After that is done, then you topstitch. Here's a closeup of the first top I did (not perfect), but it might show the neckline a little better. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HPNR2H35eHE/SdyTQKG-ijI/AAAAAAAAMQc/O3IdYflpeXs/s1600-h/IMG_9734.JPGa.jpg
racehorse said... (9/8/09 9:31 AM) Reply
homejewel, did you hand sew the binding into place before top stitching? To me, the binding looks loose and not as professional as RTW. I plan to make a couple more of these with long sleeves. I'd also love to make a cardigan but I'm not sure if I should use this pattern, or the Jalie cardigan pattern.
mhk3boys said... (9/8/09 8:45 AM) Reply
Wow! Your top looks so great!
homejewel said... (9/8/09 2:14 AM) Reply
The top looks wonderful on you. This is one of my TNT patterns. I love it. I need to reread the neckline instructions because I don't remember doing it the way you mentioned. Here's how I did it: with right sides together, I sewed the ends of the neckline binding. Then I folded wrong sides together lengthwise, and pinned it to the neckline, stretching to fit, with raw edges up, sewing 3/8-in. seam allowance. Then I topstitched. It worked beautifully.
Raye Ann said... (9/7/09 11:36 PM) Reply
doesn't success feel good? it looks good on you! I am making this pattern right now, too. so far I have done the pants and the skirt and am almost finished with the cardigan. i recommend them all.
kimmielovesparis said... (9/7/09 8:39 PM) Reply
Great job. You look fabulous.

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest