Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2009-124 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Vivienne

About Viviennestar
Member since: 6/29/04
Posted on:9/13/09 1:07 AM
Last Updated:9/20/09 8:07 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Vivienne said... (9/20/09 11:14 PM) Reply
Digs57 - I had originally intended to make this up in doubleknit before the wool stole my heart. I think a nice "Ponte" or Sophia type knit would be very suitable.
digs57 said... (9/20/09 9:34 PM) Reply
Great review, thanks! I love this dress' tech drawing in principle but I also fret about the slightly weird across-the-bust dart placement.... and the high funnel neck... and now you mention the overly wide shoulder "wings". And it clearly needs a CB vent. All in all, a bit of tweaking, eh? Do you think it would work in a very stable knit, like a doubleknit?
aimeejessica said... (9/18/09 11:37 AM) Reply
thanks for doing this review, i think i'll follow your lead on the interfacing. the dress looks gorgeous on the blog!
wzrdreams said... (9/14/09 2:41 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I've got this traced... I need to make a muslin to check the fit. I haven't picked fabric yet though.
Pinkytoo said... (9/13/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I was just thinking about making this one - and in gray! Love the pink lining!!
JennyAnne said... (9/13/09 9:04 AM) Reply
If you click the photo (or go to her blog), you can see the dress on a dressform. It looks great! This is the first patter I traced from the August issue, but I still haven't made it up. Your version is beautiful.
Kim12469 said... (9/13/09 8:58 AM) Reply
Very nice! I've had a muslin in process for awhile but put it on the back burner for the wardrobe contest. I really love your version and thanks for the great review.
cabinbaby said... (9/13/09 1:20 AM) Reply
Do we get to see a photo? I really liked this dress. All I can see right now is the line drawing.

Beyond the BoatNeck
Beyond the BoatNeck

SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern

SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)

Sew Chic Southern Belle Dress Pattern (ln8503)