Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2449 (trench coat)

Reviewed by:valerie sews

About valerie sewsstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 10/1/03
Posted on:9/18/09 1:24 AM
Last Updated:9/18/09 1:46 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
Livertrans said... (9/29/09 10:44 AM) Reply
Thank you for the tip on the lining flap. I started a trench coat last year. I am no seamstress but consider myself an experienced sewer. When I got to the part about cutting the lining flap, etc. I put the pattern away for a while. The weather got nice(summer) and I left it there. I have be nervous about going back to it because of this part. It took me a while to figure out how the collar went in. The directions did not make sense to me. It was not the Vogue pattern but a Butterick. I send an emial to the company for help with that. Now that the weather is cool again, when my husband hits the road again( salesman to the western Canada Oil refineries) I will start working on it again. I find when he is home and he comes home for lunch I don't have enough time to just concentrate on my sewing. No interruptions when he is away. I want to get is finished for use this fall and then I can start my Christmas crafts.
Sigrid. said... (9/20/09 11:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat! Your hard work paid off.
Kellie R. said... (9/19/09 6:59 PM) Reply
I love trench coats - yours is fabulous and you look so stylish in it!
grey ann said... (9/19/09 9:27 AM) Reply
The proportions of this style work well for you. Good choice, as I could see that a coat with different styling could overwhelm, and lots of them do! Looks terrific.
valerie sews said... (9/19/09 4:58 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone. I greatly appreciate all your comments. I think this coat is as much a product of all I've absorbed from all of you on PR in the last 5 years, as it is from the decades of sewing that went before it.
Schnauzer said... (9/18/09 8:24 PM) Reply
What a fabulous coat, Val!
angiec125 said... (9/18/09 7:25 PM) Reply
This is a lovely coat!
nellc said... (9/18/09 6:41 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat!
moushka said... (9/18/09 6:37 PM) Reply
A wonderful, classic coat that will give you many years of wearing pleasure! You did an outstanding job, it looks totally professional. Thanks for a great review.
Rhoda K said... (9/18/09 3:20 PM) Reply
Very nice!
RLL said... (9/18/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Great coat! Your sewing talent is shinning through on this one.
Heatherrique said... (9/18/09 8:45 AM) Reply
You created a superbly made and stylish coat, Val. All your hard work paid off! Enjoy the lovely results.
Nancy K said... (9/18/09 7:51 AM) Reply
A beautiful trench coat that will last and give you many years of enjoyment. It looks great on you too.
Sweetiebop said... (9/18/09 7:13 AM) Reply
Great trench coat.
kimmielovesparis said... (9/18/09 6:58 AM) Reply
Wow! Fabulous.
Kayseri said... (9/18/09 5:15 AM) Reply
What a fabulous coat. It's beautifully made and the shape looks great on you.
FreyaStark said... (9/18/09 3:26 AM) Reply
Very smart; well done. I've always loved Burberrys but have never considered making my own; maybe I should.
yorkshire lass said... (9/18/09 3:09 AM) Reply
Wonderful, wonderful coat. I too have made this pattern and as a small boned person can confirm its excellent proportions. I would agree its time consuming, with lots of pieces, but so worth it and I am sure you will get many years of wear from it. Thanks for all the very useful tips too. A very, very helpful review.
Darlene2001 said... (9/18/09 1:48 AM) Reply