Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 9126 (Alicyn Exclusives)

Reviewed by:skummerf

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Bunsnpigs said... (10/22/09 2:25 PM) Reply
Mazel Tov! The dress is beautiful, and I am very inspired that you finished it using Susan Khalje's advice. Her class was wonderful. I am working on my future DIL's dress.
Aunt Gail said... (10/19/09 2:50 AM) Reply
Wow! and Thanks for all the additional photos. I made my own wedding gown years and years ago... and it made the day so much more special!
Sara The Slayer said... (10/16/09 6:17 AM) Reply
Gorgeous and inspiring!
Kay Y said... (10/15/09 9:10 PM) Reply
Let me add my congratulations - on the wedding and on the accomplishment of a truly lovely, simple but elegant dress. Keep at it; you won't be a "beginner" for long.
JEF said... (10/15/09 8:45 PM) Reply
Such a beautiful dress and a lovely wedding. Best wishes for the future!
SandraB said... (10/15/09 8:11 PM) Reply
Wow!! What a lovely, well made, well fitted wedding dress. I am very impressed. Thanks for sharing your wedding pictures. Congratulations and God's blessings on your marriage.
fourkid said... (10/15/09 5:56 PM) Reply
Wonderful job - I love the caption where you note the inside of your dress being neat :) Lovely wedding - many blessings.
skummerf said... (10/15/09 1:08 PM) Reply

okie2thdoc said... (10/15/09 9:33 AM) Reply
Very nice. I can't believe you tackled a wedding dress as a beginner. It really paid off. Congrats on your marriage.*
sunny74 said... (10/15/09 9:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful! What a lovely wedding dress.
pterion said... (10/15/09 9:20 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely dress! You did a wonderful job and your wedding photos were fun to look at. Congratulations!
valerie sews said... (10/15/09 3:39 AM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. You look so lovely in the photos. You did a wonderful job - all those muslins were worth it.
Athene said... (10/15/09 3:02 AM) Reply
Beautiful bride, beautiful gown, handsome husband, great wedding photos and best wishes for a wonderful future together.
Sandi S said... (10/14/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Fantastic dress - this turned out lovely
Cowtown Karen said... (10/14/09 8:47 PM) Reply
What a beautiful, elegant dress! Fantastic job!
skummerf said... (10/14/09 7:38 PM) Reply

Peter in NYC said... (10/14/09 7:30 PM) Reply
Wow, I'm flabbergasted. What a gorgeous dress -- and something you can actually limbo in! -- and a great photo album of your wedding. Mazel tov!
skummerf said... (10/14/09 7:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind comments. It's especially nice to hear positive feedback from people who sew! moushka - I think I was slightly crazy for taking on this project having only ever made one simple dress and half-finished a skirt, but I can tell you I learned A LOT by doing it. The message boards here and various books were extremely helpful. And so were the 8 or so muslins!!
carolynw said... (10/14/09 7:05 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful dress - I just love really elegant wedding gowns and this sure is one. Congratulations and wishes for many. many happy years
moushka said... (10/14/09 6:46 PM) Reply
I can't believe you're a beginner, your dress looks beautifully done. Best wishes on your wedding and thank you for sharing the lovely photos.
Carolyndh said... (10/14/09 6:31 PM) Reply
Absolutely lovely! I loved viewing your wedding photos and all that accompanies a Jewish ceremony. I would love to see a photo of your pre-wedding gown with the embroidery if you would want to post it.
Aixoise said... (10/14/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Thank you for letting us share your wedding. What a handsome couple! Your dress is lovely. Much happiness to you!
homejewel said... (10/14/09 5:29 PM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful and elegant - absolutely perfect. I really enjoyed looking at your wedding pictures. It looks like such a fun time and the picture of the wedding party with the cute baby looking up is wonderful!
pwellock said... (10/14/09 1:11 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress. I am very impressed with your skills. Congratulations. I really enjoyed your wedding pictures.
Nancy Anne said... (10/14/09 9:00 AM) Reply
The dress is elegant, simple perfection. Your wedding looks like it was a lot of fun. LOVE the pic of him pulling on your veil!
wildberrymom said... (10/13/09 11:55 PM) Reply
Love the dress--looks beautiful on the bride!
kimmielovesparis said... (10/13/09 11:53 PM) Reply
What a beautiful bride! You look fabulous. Your dress is lovely and the fit is perfect. Congratulations.
MaryDB said... (10/13/09 10:43 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, and you did great work. Best wishes on your marriage!
katlew03 said... (10/13/09 7:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress. Very simple and elegant. You did a great job.

My Favorite Duffle Bag Paper Pattern