Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1042 (Vintage Deco Vibe Tiffany Skir)

Reviewed by:Ann B.

Posted on:11/11/09 8:22 PM
Last Updated:11/11/09 8:27 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

katie lynne said... (11/13/09 0:22 AM) Reply
This is just darling on you! Thanks for a superb review. All of your hard work certainly paid off with a beautiful skirt. I've had this pattern "waiting in the wings" for awhile now. I think its going to make its "debut" soon. ;o)
chicaem29 said... (11/12/09 10:34 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt, Ann! Looks great on you.
MarilynB said... (11/12/09 7:48 AM) Reply
This skirt looks great on you. I guess persistence pays off. Now that you have perfected this pattern, this could become a TNT.
Rebecca D said... (11/12/09 7:18 AM) Reply
I love that skirt on you and the whole outfit is classic and chic. And thanks for the very helpful review.
o3b said... (11/12/09 3:12 AM) Reply
You look so cute in your skirt! Definitely make more of these. Your review is very handy - it sounds like you've addressed many of the drafting issues here and so someone now aware of them would know what to look for.
emelle said... (11/11/09 11:37 PM) Reply
nice look and good job...I have eyed this pattern and have had good success with Hp from the last year or so...but with drafting issues I may pass...but you never know...they may update and reissue...
marec said... (11/11/09 10:33 PM) Reply
Looking at you in this darling skirt, I would have never guessed the anguish you had to endure! :-) Great recovery-cute!
Debbie Cook said... (11/11/09 9:12 PM) Reply
Great skirt, very flattering. Sorry you had such troubles with it, but the end result doesn't give any of that away.
Ann B. said... (11/11/09 9:12 PM) Reply
In the interests of full disclosure, I've made one of the HP's newest dresses and will review tomorrow. No issues at all, it went together like a dream.
Michelle L said... (11/11/09 9:00 PM) Reply
What a cute skirt! I love the flounce at the bottom. It would make me want to twirl! Great job working through the pattern issues.
Immelu said... (11/11/09 8:57 PM) Reply
Cute Skirt Ann! I'm glad you stuck with it and got a good end result. I know I've had trouble with some of the older hot patterns as well. I ALWAYS make a muslin of them, and really, I'm usually glad I did! I think this would be fun to play with contrasting fabric on this one...
Ripple Dandelion said... (11/11/09 8:34 PM) Reply
You look adorable in this skirt. I love it, but since I don't already own this pattern, it would be tough to cough up $15 in expectation of the drafting issues you mention. Great job resolving those!

You Sew Girl Adult Hats Pattern